Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clappers!

Clappers!

so clappers... why clappers? cause I hate pneumatics... and clappers, compared to pneumatics can be setup in a smaller area and require less maintenance.

I have a couple random spyder frames laying around so I took the clapper out of it, left it attached to the board and held the clapper up to the trigger. worked like a dream on my RT and that wasnt even with a ULT in it BUT the clapper from a spyder is the same diameter as the width of my luke frame. (will be bringing it to work tomorrow for more specific measurements)

my plan:

I want to make a "sled" that contains a clapper and the activator (toss up over switch or hall effect) that can be dropped into the top of the luke frame and plugged in. When I want to convert the electro to mech all I will do is drop the frame, remove the sled, install the trigger pin and rebolt up. I'm hoping to get a clapper thats under 1/2 dia or so that is as powerful as the spyder one.

So off you go my little inception geniuses. find me a small powerful clapper

Have you seen the Clapper Dye used in the SLGUL?

Crap gun, small clapper. Not sure if it's powerful enough to do what you're wanting, but it's a start.

anyone have more info on them? diameter?

Ill see if I can contact Spitlebug about it. He bought one of the clappers out of curiosity, and should be able to help out.

Talk to P8ntbal4me. He did this already and probably still has some of those 'sleds' laying around.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and FYI the spyder noids are different then the ones that are in the Eblades and Hyperframes. I have a few spyder ones laying around I will gladly send you one.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

I have 2 spyder ones. I aslo have a booyaah frame that will soon be gone.

the spyder ones were strong enough to trip it but were to big to fit into the luke frame

Supports Inception Designs
    I wonder if one from the Tippmann Crossover would work. Not sure of any specs on them, last time I talked to Tippmann they couldn't tell me anything.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    I wonder if one from the Tippmann Crossover would work. Not sure of any specs on them, last time I talked to Tippmann they couldn't tell me anything.
    Im not familiar with them... but if its the same noid that is in their other eframes it will work. Plunger might be a little long.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Im not familiar with them... but if its the same noid that is in their other eframes it will work. Plunger might be a little long.
    It looks like this one (use the electrical connector for scale):
    http://www.tippmannparts.com/TA35054...-p/gp15714.htm

You can also get an idea of size and location from page 21 of the Crossover manual:
    http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals...Rev%200512.pdf

Hmmm.