Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frame matching issue. advice

frame matching issue. advice

so... started a cocker build and am noticing a fit and finish problem between my frame and my body... (pic)

Does anyone have any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really hard to tell from just this one pic but either the body or the frame doesn't appear to be straight across the surface. Do you have any other pics or a flat level or straight edge to check to see how straight the surfaces are?

had a chat with Simon, I have a machined straight edge I will use when I get home to check both parts.

Most e1/e2 frame will have that gap there. I can see it on my ebladed orracle too. The cocking solenoid wire hides it quite well so it is hard to see.

I think the reason why that is there is so that you can't accidentally server the cocking solenoid wire(not 100% sure). Maybe something Jack Wood can comment on.

On my E1 and E2 frames the plate just above cocking solonoid sticks up probably .01 above the top surface of the frame. I would assume that it was designed so that when the frame is bolted onto the body it pushes down on the cocking solonoid keeping it secure. Might check to see if that is what is causing the gap. I did have one frame the the plate was too tall and had to machine it down a little.

Are the plates from e1/e2/worr frames all the same thickness? I seem to remember having to dig thru our parts box to find the plate that matched the frame we were installing because the one we first tried was too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    On my E1 and E2 frames the plate just above cocking solonoid sticks up probably .01 above the top surface of the frame. I would assume that it was designed so that when the frame is bolted onto the body it pushes down on the cocking solonoid keeping it secure. Might check to see if that is what is causing the gap. I did have one frame the the plate was too tall and had to machine it down a little.
    There's a set screw in the bottom that pushes on the 'Noid, try loosening it off?

I ended up solving it by filing down the sear spacer so it ended up flush to the frame (Thanks to maxoliv at CC).

So it was a part for the sear system in the frame that was causing the issue? Can you take pics for me?

The only electro frame cockers I ever had were all Race frames.