Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goggle inserts for spectacles

Goggle inserts for spectacles

Has any one used a goggle insert for spectacles?
    I know the possibility of prescription paintball lenses would be very expensive.
    Also looking for something that stays with the mask.

I have been looking at what rescue people use in ther equipment:
    94d43e327d9303539cb1e2aac7032668_XL.jpg

As well as one that Bolle manufactures for ski goggles:
    Bolle Blank Rx Adapter for Bolle Tactical and Ski Goggles
    opplanet-bolle-goggles-rx-adapter.jpg
    bolle.jpg

Currently I use a pair of Criss Mag-1 spectacles:
    7121L.jpg

I kept reading that as Google inserts and was very confused the more I kept reading haha.

OK, so in the spirit of experimentation, and reasearch I ordered a 'Universal Rx Goggle Insert' from Reign VMX.
    They sell Vintage Motocross gear and teir write up states:
    "This Universal Rx Goggle Insert lets you convert virtually any standard goggle to prescription in seconds. Made of ultra flexible, durable, and lightweight TR90 material, this sub-frame uses four “arms” to keep it securely positioned inside your goggles."
    So, why not? Will try them out in the masks I have and report back.

RxInsert_large.jpg

Welcome to my forums!

I used to wear glasses, and actually still did when I designed the first E-vents.

Then I had lazik. Probably the best money I have ever spent...

With that said, I actually really like the concept for that RX insert, I can see many ways to make that fit and work with paintball goggles.

Which goggle are you putting them in?

You can always zip tie those arms to the vents to hold them in the perfect location for you. Can't wait to see pics once you have it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Welcome to my forums!
    <snip>
    Which goggle are you putting them in?

You can always zip tie those arms to the vents to hold them in the perfect location for you. Can't wait to see pics once you have it all worked out.
    Thank you, long time reader, first time caller....

I have V-force Vantage and Shield, as well as my E-vents. Will try those first, if those work well, then will hassle friends to try them out in their masks.

Delivery shows some time next couple weeks, will post up findings as I get them.

Also found the originating dealer rockgardn.com

I know how frustrating it was to wear glasses when playing. I made the cavity in the E-vents large enough for decent sized goggles and made the arm cut outs for the glasses arms specifically because I was wearing glasses as I designed them and it would bug me to put the goggle prototypes and other manufacturers goggles on as I worked.

I would actually sit wearing a prototype as I worked on the revisions to ensure comfort I got some funny looks from people doing that too!

One of the projects I have always wanted to do is a far better integrated fan system.

Maybe when I next design goggles

Haaa I think Todd and the guys at BTB made this segment just for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiA6J...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post

HA!! Yeah was looking at the Bolle frames, cost was more than I wanted to spend just for experimenting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post

HA!! Yeah was looking at the Bolle frames, cost was more than I wanted to spend just for experimenting.

I have managed to get some pictures taken of a couple of my masks with inserts in them.
    The E-vents definitely need zip ties to hold the top of the inserts away from the lens. Another thought was to use visor retention o-rings, place one over each top spring arm; pass it up through the venting then secure it with a sliver of PVC or peg like item.

Only real advantage I have found of having the goggle inserts is that one does not have to hassle with glasses falling off; getting knocked askew; or the lenses smeared against your face. It is really nice to just be able to pop the mask on and go with no need for the extra adjusting and fitting.
    Inserts will still fog and need cleaned; tad bit of a hassle when the only way I have found to get the inserts into the mask is by removing the lens.
    Trying to force them in as they would be with ski or motocross goggles seems to be more stress than I want to put on my masks.

Is all this worth it so you can just pop your mask on like people who wear contacts; have had lasik or good vision? Maybe.
    Peripheral vision may suffer and having the ghosting of the frame in there as well but as a prescription lens wearer one get used to those things.
    I just purchased new Ray-Ban frames and these fit wonderfully into a mask. I thought what if they get damaged? Who cares, I bought insurance for them, so for a year I am pretty safe.

Yes I can get sport goggles but they sit so tight ventilators in the mask are little help and some how I manage to get sweat misting the insides of them as well.

Yes, the E-Vents are awesome for glasses, and the main reason I chose them as an upgrade from my Shield. The Shield has huge gaps at the temples for glass limbs and is my current hot humid months mask due to the home-made goggle fans.

As the video in the post above indicates; they make ya look dead sexy.
    Sorry the E-Vents photo looks bad, the angle was wrong so it looks even goofier.

E-Vents:
    E-Vents.jpg

Vantage:
    vantage.jpg

Inserts (no lenses):
    Insert.jpg

Glad you found a solution. Will be interesting to see if it is the solution you want/need and only time will tell that after you have put it to the test some.