Thread: MQ valve - Mini poppet?

MQ valve - Mini poppet?

So, I'm kind of confused... many of the operation principles are shared between the MQ valve and the mini/axe poppet. So my question is what are the patents for each of these and who owns them?

Based on what I could find about the MQ valve Mike Quinn would have been the likely filer for the patent, but it was supposedly sold to NPS (Kee). I can't find anything on this patent... at all.

http://www.kajohnson.com/page/mqv

Now, as far as the mini... that one is even more challenging because, as I understand it, JDS a Taiwanese company invented the King Cobra which is the predecessor to the mini. If that is the case, then the patent that Kee owns for this technology would have been filed by JDS originally.

When I try to find the patent documents for either I come up blank.

Does anyone else know where the patents reside and what would be the differences?

Also, for the DW aedes... how the heck would it have a patent if it's using someone else's valve technology?

Supports Inception Designs
    Good source for patent numbers for anything KEE related:
    CLICK ME!

From there
    Empire Mini:
    US PATENT NOS. 6474326; 6637421; 7603997; 7610908; 7946285; 6601780; 6925997; 8272373; 8336532
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

So to me... I see this as the most applicable patent regarding the valve itself: US 6601780 B1

The present invention relates to a paintgun with pneumatic feeding and discharging process which mainly includes a pneumatic delivery mechanism. The pneumatic delivery mechanism consists of a flow-guiding body, a flow-guiding piston and a delivery tube. The flow-guiding body consists of a major air channel at the front end and a flow-guiding chamber at the rear end thereof. The flow-guiding chamber contains an input port at one side thereof which is in connection with an air pressure source and an output port at the other side thereof which communicates with a minor air channel at the wider part of the flow-guiding body. A stopper is used to control the opening and closing of the air flow channel. The flow-guiding piston is disposed within the flow-guiding chamber. The flow-guiding chamber is divided by the valve body into a front and a rear air pressure chambers with different pressure area.

Now the question just gets bigger... How do the aedes and/or MQ valve have a patent and what specifically is covered? There MQ valve creates a pressure delta on a the valve (decreasing force), but the only difference is that they vent to the atmosphere vs driving the bolt. Any ideas on how to find the MQ and aedes patent(s)?

I think I found the MQ patent: US7913679

A valve assembly according to the present invention includes a valve housing having a first end and a second end. A selectively closeable flow path runs through the valve housing. A valve body is disposed in the valve housing. The valve body is moveable from a first position closing the flow path to a second position opening the flow path. The valve body has a channel therethrough. A secondary chamber is provided adjacent the valve body in communication with the channel. An exhaust port is provided in communication with the secondary chamber. A solenoid is provided adjacent the secondary exhaust port, the solenoid adapted to selectively open the secondary exhaust port. A compressed gas gun employing the valve assembly is also provided.
    Now WTF is left for the aedes to patent? Anybody know the patent?

I have not heard of any patent regarding the Aedes itself, as it took a patented valve and slightly repurposed it.

Looks like the MQ valve patent is US7913679 B2 (As found via Google patents). It seems that Mike Quinn also has a patent on throwing a FASOR in the bottom of an autococker as well...

I used this search: https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts#q=pa...fe=off&tbm=pts

edit - looks like I was typing this up as you were yours.

Insider
    KEE does have the mQ patent - and were not interested in letting me license it for a new mQ line, only for producing a new gun from it. I asked. A few times. Maybe a few times too many.

The Quinn gun actually ran fairly good, just should have had it's own body. I liked the concept.

- - - Updated - - -

KEE does have the mQ patent - and were not interested in letting me license it for a new mQ line, only for producing a new gun from it. I asked. A few times. Maybe a few times too many.

The Quinn gun actually ran fairly good, just should have had it's own body. I liked the concept.

I've got a pretty decent collection of paintball patents on my g-drive. Some of which are named based on their product (though some are their applications as I saved them before they were granted).

MQ patent is 7913679
    Aedes patent application is US 20070235016 (not sure if it ever granted, google patents doesn't have it linked to a granted patent).

Thanks for the help.