Thread: Empire Axe pressure question...

Supports Inception Designs

Empire Axe pressure question...

Had a friend bring me his Axe at the scenario game this weekend complaining of bad velocity creep and very inconsistent shooting over a chrono. There is nothing wrong with the marker as far as I can tell and all the usual checks come up negative (grease, battery, etc)...So I tell him he may have a bad o-ring in his reg or the noid may be going out...to which he responds that this is the second noid he has had in the marker, got it new from KEE warranty.

So i take the gun to look at and give him one of mine as a loaner and he asks if his tank will work...its a Ninja SHP that he uses on all his Mags and the only tank he has that outputs at 1100 psi...

I have a feeling this is part of the problem and why he has possibly gone through 2 noids already in this marker. Even though the Relay regulator is a good reg, I don't think it was designed to be taking a constant 1100 psi input... Thoughts?

I've never put a tank that high on one. Typically we use 450 or 850 type tanks. I don't even have a tank with that high an output to try on one... It definitely wasn't designed with an input that high in mind.

Supports Inception Designs
    That's what I had thought...I told him to get a low (450psi) output tank for his Axe and use the SHP on his mags cause they can take it.

Something tells me all his problems will be solved with a new tank and perhaps a 3rd new noid if the one in there actually got damaged again...heh.

at that point, he should be beaten over the head of with said gun and see if you can connect the dots with the tank in the bottom and the gun in, on the top.

idiots are good for one thing, getting paid to work on stuff that they are too stupid to fix themselves.