Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planet Eclipse - Behind the Curtain

Planet Eclipse - Behind the Curtain

A good look behind the scenes of PE in case some folks have not seen it yet.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

i loved it, but want more. always thought Jack Wood was the head, owner and tech, but i learn something today. would love to see a vid of the history of PE. from where it began and the near 20 years in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    i loved it, but want more. always thought Jack Wood was the head, owner and tech, but i learn something today. would love to see a vid of the history of PE. from where it began and the near 20 years in the business.
    I learned this a year ago I think, and was shocked myself.

that was a nice behind the door look at a pretty cool company.

Bart

There's a 4 part docu that I actually watched this weekend called Unemployable that talks about the origins of Planet with interviews with the founders and owners.

Google it, all 4 parts are online (about 10-15m each) and a decent watch.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a 4 part docu that I actually watched this weekend called Unemployable that talks about the origins of Planet with interviews with the founders and owners.

Supports Inception Designs
    Here's that video if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

thanks skibbo. You know, I've always liked PE for their add ons and customization, and recently their soft goods... but have yet to ever shoot one of their markers.

I've heard good things, but never had the opportunity.

Supports Inception Designs
    Back in around 98-99, I stopped into a Planet Paintball on the north side of London. I went with a bunch of locals (Cambridgeshire?) I met through a friend during an outlaw game day. While there, I briefly met someone who looked a lot like Ledz but, that was a long time ago so, I couldn't say for sure.

I never, ever, would've guessed they would go on to be what they are now. Not to say they were in a bad place but rather, they went from what all appearances to me was a 'traditional' paintball store, to be a major manufacturer. It's very nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    Back in around 98-99, I stopped into a Planet Paintball on the north side of London. I went with a bunch of locals (Cambridgeshire?) I met through a friend during an outlaw game day. While there, I briefly met someone who looked a lot like Ledz but, that was a long time ago so, I couldn't say for sure.

I never, ever, would've guessed they would go on to be what they are now. Not to say they were in a bad place but rather, they went from what all appearances to me was a 'traditional' paintball store, to be a major manufacturer. It's very nice to see.
    Doubt that would have had anything to do with PE - their original company was Paintball Planet (rather than Planet Paintball) and based up North in Manchester. They briefly had a second retail outlet in the South East (Dartford) but don't believe they ever had a site.

Always nice to see a company run by people passionate about the game doing well. Ledz was (and is) a great player - playing Pro with the Banzai Bandits in the UK and Nexus worldwide and just came 2nd in the World Cup UWL with the Sandbaggers. Jacko played for the Predators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post

Doubt that would have had anything to do with PE - their original company was Paintball Planet (rather than Planet Paintball) and based up North in Manchester. They briefly had a second retail outlet in the South East (Dartford) but don't believe they ever had a site.

Always nice to see a company run by people passionate about the game doing well. Ledz was (and is) a great player - playing Pro with the Banzai Bandits in the UK and Nexus worldwide and just came 2nd in the World Cup UWL with the Sandbaggers. Jacko played for the Predators.