Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like I'm getting a cocker...

hey, bud helped come come up with the automag.

I've owned a bunch of mags over the years, just teasing... I dropped serious coin to keep AO up, and a black teflon RT is still on my bucket list... but as much as I love them, and the tech is beyond awesome, I have always had issues with mag triggers... always... so I stuck with cockers.

Tom and Bud are still two of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I've met some current industry big shots that wouldn't give you the time of day without a stack of bills in your hand, but Tom and Bud took the time to share some enthusiasm and design philosophy with hungry fans.

It's that mindset that brought me here, and keeps me shooting cockers (and lusting after mags)... and like Ledz said (in the video on other thread) 'We actually care' makes a HUGE difference in whether I buy a product or not.

I only recently (due to my work planning LL7 stuff) got to know bud. he's freaking awesome

I shared this elsewhere recently, but to me it so perfectly sums up what keeps me to loyal to cockers...

I went to the first PTI (http://www.paintballtraining.com/) course before it was this fancy... was just AGD and WGP doing factory cert courses for those who could make the trip... so here I am a young (sub 25) guy from Toronto who wandered down to DC because he loved paintball and saw a great opportunity... now I knew *nobody* at the event. literally... and as I walked into the lunch hall/reception the first day I just kinda stood and blinked wondering where the hell I was going to sit. Bud saw me and waved me over to his table and I proceeded to have lunch with Bud and Tom and some of my paintball idols, just because he saw a player that needed a friend.

I am sure we could all name people that would just point and laugh in 'the industry' right now, but they were accepting.

We need more people like that back in the field/game.

Cheesy nostalgia but it left a HUGE impact.

back on topic, I am excited to see what you reeled in to start with BT.

- - - Updated - - -

I shared this elsewhere recently, but to me it so perfectly sums up what keeps me to loyal to cockers...

I went to the first PTI (http://www.paintballtraining.com/) course before it was this fancy... was just AGD and WGP doing factory cert courses for those who could make the trip... so here I am a young (sub 25) guy from Toronto who wandered down to DC because he loved paintball and saw a great opportunity... now I knew *nobody* at the event. literally... and as I walked into the lunch hall/reception the first day I just kinda stood and blinked wondering where the hell I was going to sit. Bud saw me and waved me over to his table and I proceeded to have lunch with Bud and Tom and some of my paintball idols, just because he saw a player that needed a friend.

I am sure we could all name people that would just point and laugh in 'the industry' right now, but they were accepting.

We need more people like that back in the field/game.

Cheesy nostalgia but it left a HUGE impact.

back on topic, I am excited to see what you reeled in to start with BT.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    I am excited to see what you reeled in to start with BT.
    I'll let you know when I know.

ok so I'm getting 2 cockers. one's a Karnivor, brand new and the other is a mech. dont know which yet. they are being shipped to me this week, I'll get pictures when I can.

what can you tell me about karnivors... other then they are SAWEET!

- - - Updated - - -

ok so I'm getting 2 cockers. one's a Karnivor, brand new and the other is a mech. dont know which yet. they are being shipped to me this week, I'll get pictures when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post

!
    Where are you getting this Karnivor from? Karni's are the easiest and the hardest to deal with as they're not like a normal cocker. They're easier because they're just like a regular gun where you tune from the HPR, but that's where they're a PITA to a cocker owner. We're used to having the cocking rod adjustment and with Karnivor's you just don't have to deal with it.

Couple drops of oil in the ASA after a day of play and put it away. if it works, Don't fuck with it. Break down your regs now and then, just like any other modernish gun.

So maintains like a mag. Awesome.

Oh and I'm getting these to help with a company start up. Need to learn them to help tech and build guns.

Supports Inception Designs
    Need design help?

I'll have to come up at some point and take a look at your growing collection. Really need to learn more about cockers and mags.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Oh and I'm getting these to help with a company start up. Need to learn them to help tech and build guns.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.