Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "automag resurrection" body

New "automag resurrection" body

Call me crazy but if these new age space *****es can have hidden detents why can't the beefier, better, brawny-er, bad-a** automag?

Imagine this is a ULE body with no visible detents

No more angel threaded detents to buy
    No more anno matching
    Less blow outs
    More awesome

im thinking intimidator/spyder detents... yes they will wear out but they are:
    1) CHEAP
    2) made for multiple markers (macdev clone, all CCM's, empire vanquish, eclipse (similar enough), azodin, etc)
    3) With the fall of angel it won't be long til all angel threaded anything is hard to find, ask people searching for feednecks that don't just slap ccm's on
    4) When they fail they are easy to replace
    5) Not as easily shot out

saved for more

This is something I have been thinking about this. How about an adaptor that screws into the existing detent holes that allows you to use that type of detent?
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

We put detents into the bottom of the Traccer and it worked fine, but I would be more hesitant on a semi.

The location is vital so it doesn't lift the ball on shooting (causing breaks) and doesn't stop the ball dropping fully (causing breaks).

Valid point!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We put detents into the bottom of the Traccer and it worked fine, but I would be more hesitant on a semi.

The location is vital so it doesn't lift the ball on shooting (causing breaks) and doesn't stop the ball dropping fully (causing breaks).
    I'm having one made to test but I believe that it should work due to location, it does not sit directly under the paintball, more like a 5 and/or 7 o' clock position

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having one made to test but I believe that it should work due to location, it does not sit directly under the paintball, more like a 5 and/or 7 o' clock position

Insider

What Simon said... (Almost a joke in there somewhere)

I was going to ask if you have done any calculations or modeling to figure out where the new detents need to go? I would think you will need to figure around breach size, bolt face and .68 cal ball.

The ball detent also has to avoid lifting the ball until the top of the ball has passed under the breech edge... otherwise you find yourself with barrel break city

Ask me how I know, go on, and ask me how long and how much it took to work that one out. Doh

how do you know

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    This is something I have been thinking about this. How about an adaptor that screws into the existing detent holes that allows you to use that type of detent?
    Same thing has occurred to me. Would seem like the best way to deal with the older bodies.