Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D3fy d3s ?

Previous guns with regs behind the bolt include the Automag, the ZR-1 and the Rogue, which was from a different company to this but looks to be very similar. It really looks like this is a lower cost Rogue.

I think there is another gun (or several) that have the reg behind the bolt too, but they are escaping me. The original Faction prototype (predecessor) to the Vanquish was that way too. It can be a great location for a reg.

Dye Dam comes to mind

ZR1 had the LPR back there.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

PB Josh and I were talking about this an we've decided what it looks like.

It looks like someone gave an enmey steroids and then it got a horrible infection from it.
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Insider
    I am kinda going with "If a Rouge and eNMy had sex..." now. I know, but look at it!

The damn thing just looks like an abortion. Not looking forward to fixing these.

Quote Originally Posted by breg View Post
    The damn thing just looks like an abortion. Not looking forward to fixing these.
    Disassembly is probably the easiest I've had to do next to the tippmanns FT-12 rental gun. One turn of the hex key and you have taken apart the Regulator and bolt. The only way it could be easier is if it was a tool-less bolt engine. I'm unsure of any that's are quicker; but I'm sure some one will tell me

I've had like 7 pre 2000 spyders come into my shop in the last 2 months because guys are trying to getting back into the sport . All with Stripped pot metal screws and melted orings and destroyed cup seal, oh and a goo that takes simple green 5 hours to break down. I would die for any other gun including a D3fy to come in broke right now(okay anything but a timmy, I hate their tolerances; especially when you give it back to someone that just throws it in his closet after playing.

The look overall isn't that bad. The only fail we reported back on is the forward grip is like grabbing a plastic straw, its around the thickness of a CR123 battery. Terrible design and it what makes it look weird.I wish they would take a tip from the Axe and put a battery and OLED up there and make the forward grip bigger it has the space infront of the trigger guard... But then again i'm still waiting on the leaks of the other 2 markers they talked about.

Good catch Simon; How did I forget Zodiac? They got the front grip right, it matches the lines of the gun.

Insider
    The trigger guard is identical to a concept "Rogue 2" I created as a successor to the Rogue, but they havn't used the body styling I also created for that marker (which I need to keep under wraps, but I think looked much nicer than their end result...), and seem to have modified the Rogue body to create the D3S.

I had a chat to the guys behind the company and decided to not get involved in any disputes as I'd rather move on, and I'm pretty happy with my current employment.

The Rogue was initially going to be a $300 marker, and I think is the right price bracket for it. It seems like this iteration of the marker has addressed quite a few of the Rogues shortfalls, so I really hope it does well.

PS: I have a video of the rogue being modelled which is kind of relevant. I also managed to win the largest design award in NZ with the Rogue so it wasn't a completely lost cause.

Last edited by L x; 02-09-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

Alex, I really like your work as a whole, but I'm sorry... I hate the bolt/ valve design of the rogue. The packaging of the gun was slick so I applaud the overall effort. You do really amazing work though... wish I had your surfacing skills.

As I recall, Alex did the aesthetic work on the Rogue, internals were someone else... and I wouldn't call his styling commonplace.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon