Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAP4's got some cease and desist letters to write (DMAG patent infringement)

Hopefully this is a working link to the patent... http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/8578919

Certainly some pretty broad claims. I am kind of surprised there isn't any prior art... and I wonder what the wrapper says and what they had to argue around to get grant?

Personally I preferred the concept that Tiberius showed in their mags at the last extravaganza.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This.

One reason I like my FN303. It works.
    If I'm not mistaken thats actually an Automag redesigned for police pepperball use isnt it ?

Did I mention AUTOMAG ?

endeavor to persevere.......

not quite. it was designed for first strikes... well it was designed for a slug shaped ball that the first strikes were based off of

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    If I'm not mistaken thats actually an Automag redesigned for police pepperball use isnt it ?

Did I mention AUTOMAG ?

the gun isn't the part that makes the FN303 so good. yeah, its a longer automag, but thats not really what makes it awesome, in fact, that contributes to the terrible efficiency they get.

its the magazine design.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

no... its the ball itself. fire regular paintballs through it at 300fps... same accuracy

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    no... its the ball itself. fire regular paintballs through it at 300fps... same accuracy
    Cockerpunk's talking about why the FN303 works so well, from a feed reliability perspective.

The FN303 mag design clearly rocks with FS rounds and FN303 rounds. However, it's not just those rounds. Perfect Circle Paintballs would perform just as well. The magazine spring is too strong for regular, gelatin-based paint and, on top of that, the full force of the spring is continuosly on the 'top' round, even when the mag isn't inserted.

In short, it's the magazine, the rounds, and the gun that work so well together. It's an integrated system, unlike all the other mag designs on the market.

no shit sherlock

look familiar?

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

ah, ok, I'm at work and I'm really tired. I missread what you wrote before. I thought you had said that because of the FN303's design it is more accurate. now that I took time and actually read it I understand my error but am clueless as to how I actually read it that wildly innacurate.

my appologies

ah, ok, I'm at work and I'm really tired. I missread what you wrote before. I thought you had said that because of the FN303's design it is more accurate. now that I took time and actually read it I understand my error but am clueless as to how I actually read it that wildly innacurate.

my appologies
    my point was the FN303 is the only meg fed paintball type gun that actually works. which is why its awesome.

it can fire normal paint, FSR and those insane anti-riot rounds .... all of which is awesome.

those anti-riot rounds ... seriously ... the gun kicks like 20 gauge when you shoot them. its AWESOME.

If anyone wanted to send me an FN303 I would happily model the mag and the receiver. Not sure where IP sits on those things, though.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon