Thread: Clock Springs?

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)

Clock Springs?

Hi Everyone

So, whilst waiting for some suppliers to get back to be regarding polycarbonate tubing, I've got another query. If it seems like I'm asking a hell of a lot, it's cause I'm still learning, and have no plans to stop anytime soon.

So, without further ado, Clock Springs.

I understand how they work, but not how they would be used practically -for example, an FN303 magazine, I believe, uses a clock spring. How? Do they require an escape mechanism?
    The idea is to eventually make a FS magazine, but ideally mechanical. Electronically isn't too much of a problem for me, but kind of defeats the purpose of a low (20 or 25) capacity magazine.

Cheers!

Rob

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    In an attempt to maybe make the post a bit less confusing, here's a screengrab of what I'm currently doing:

Mag Screen Shot.jpg

Have you ever used a Halo-B?

Supports Inception Designs
    I can put a picture up of the 303 mag I have wed or Thurs. I'm out of town until then though.

Yes the FN303 Mag uses a clock spring. It doesn't have an escape mechanism it just tensions against the round in the ready to fire position and when that one is pushed out in the barrel by the bolt and fired allowing the bolt to return the spring just indexes around the next projectile.