Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Flex / I-4 (rant)

Question E-Flex / I-4 (rant)

Why is it that the two top masks dont cover all of your ears ?

Guess I'm the only one thats concerned about that.

I used I-4's for a while, then switched to E-Flex.

I lost the little "R" clip the other day and spent several hours looking for it (in between games of course) and that really aggravated me.

So my aggravation with the E-Flex caused me to try on a V-Force Grillz mask and was surprised that my complete ear was covered.

None of them give much forehead or chin/neck coverage, but I'm thinking I'm going to switch to the Grillz.

What mask do you guys prefer ?

endeavor to persevere.......

E-Flex all the way for me. Ear and chin protection depend largely on how I wear them. They can be positioned so they cover lower a bit better. I tend to do that, because I run a visor (yay, old fart syndrome!), and that gives MUCH better forehead protection.

My E-Flexes are the third set of Vents-lensed goggles here. Picked up Avatars that allowed me to retire my Profilers, then moved to E-Vents, then to E-Flexes this last spring.

The little clips really aren't necessary and are only worth anything if you like to spend most of your time with the goggles up on your forehead to stop the strap rotating. As long as the strap is in place when you put the goggle on I don't believe they are needed.

The fit of a mask to different people is really tough and one of the hardest things about designing a mask.

I couldn't believe the 14 was acceptable (I thought I pushed the lower limits of coverage when I designed the Avatar) and yet it's been the biggest selling goggle for the last 2 years.

Forehead coverage is a tough one too, most younger players do not want it, the older ones do. The "Brow shield" sold with the older Vents goggles is a great way to get more forehead coverage, although it can reduce air flow for those hot and humid days (not that you have any of those in Florida )

I have a couple of great goggle concepts I want to work on again someday but the investment needed to make a goggle is HUGE.

I'm an I4 guy but I will be picking up a KLR when they come out.

my ideal mask is one I can put on and completly forget about

After I took one in the forehead from 10 feet away and wore a black eye for two weeks I spent the 40 bux on a hundredth monkey bounce cap and fixed that problem.
    Looks like a polo hat but at least the forehead and top are covered. I do get a lot of bounces with it.

- - - Updated - - -

After I took one in the forehead from 10 feet away and wore a black eye for two weeks I spent the 40 bux on a hundredth monkey bounce cap and fixed that problem.
    Looks like a polo hat but at least the forehead and top are covered. I do get a lot of bounces with it.

I have been using the vforce profilers exclusively - I've taken just enough head shots that, while I like the Grill aesthetically more I hesitate to make the switch. I use the forehead bounceguard that came with the profilers instead of the sun visor.

The HK KLR mask really interests me, but I'll have to try it on in person before I know what kind of coverage it gives. Either way, I generally try to play at least half the day with a Predator Predlocs kit until I get too hot using it. That helps protect from neck shots as well as around the face. By the way, gruesome eye shot you got there.

You can see where the paintball hit the forehead just above the eye.
    I don't play without my bounce hat now, you can see why.

I loved (apart from the stupid single pane lense) my Grill when I used it, sadly I had it apart at a friends and his dog got ahold of one of the ear pieces and it won't go together anymore.

I'm now an I4 person as despite my somewhat large head, they fit my face well. The bottom of the mask follows my jawline almost perfectly, and it barely feels like I'm wearing a mask. I do somewhat worry about ear protection however.

I tried on an E-Vent (friend's) and it just felt extremely hot to me, so I'm excited to try an E-Flex.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved (apart from the stupid single pane lense) my Grill when I used it, sadly I had it apart at a friends and his dog got ahold of one of the ear pieces and it won't go together anymore.

I'm now an I4 person as despite my somewhat large head, they fit my face well. The bottom of the mask follows my jawline almost perfectly, and it barely feels like I'm wearing a mask. I do somewhat worry about ear protection however.

I tried on an E-Vent (friend's) and it just felt extremely hot to me, so I'm excited to try an E-Flex.

You know, I switched to the (then) Nvision when it came out and used it until it literally disintegrated... now I still have the 'goggle' section without the face mask... and bought a set of ProI3's.

Although lens is a COLOSSAL pain to change, it's hands down the best goggle I've worn. good venting, sound transmission, low fog and decent coverage. I preferred the old hard ears but the newer soft ones arent as bad as I thought they would be.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I switched to the (then) Nvision when it came out and used it until it literally disintegrated... now I still have the 'goggle' section without the face mask... and bought a set of ProI3's.

Although lens is a COLOSSAL pain to change, it's hands down the best goggle I've worn. good venting, sound transmission, low fog and decent coverage. I preferred the old hard ears but the newer soft ones arent as bad as I thought they would be.

A friend of mine suckered me into changing the lens in his i3 Pro. Once. I bled. Never again.