Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E-Flex / I-4 (rant)

Exclamation

As much as I like the design of the Vio the way the lens removes, and the mask in general, the lens is too narrow and both corners of my glasses hit the lens and it pushes them against my face.

Its on Craigslist.

Time to eat crow on the E-Flex, maybe tech@paintballsolutions.com will send me the missing parts from my mask ?

Guess I'll stay with the Grill and E-Flex for now.

Weird because I tried one on before buying and didnt notice it pressing on my glasses.

endeavor to persevere.......

I'm on my third set of E-Flex and despite not initially liking them, I've completely changed my opinion after a couple of minor mods.

First thing I disliked was the tendency of the ears to rotate upwards slightly, even with the clips in place, leaving a small gap between ears and faceplate. Not enough to be hazardous, just unsightly and annoying. Took a leaf out of the i4 book and glued velcro on the lower corners of the ears and inside the faceplate - keeps the ears tight up against the faceplate at all times.

Second issue was lack of forehead protection - solved with E-Vents visor. Wish they'd include one with the E-Flex!

Final issue was the way the mask sat on my nose - it always felt as if it was putting a lot of pressure on the bridge and never felt comfy. Recently double strapped them and it's a revelation! With stock strap behind my head and the second strap located higher up it seems to completely eliminate pressure on my nose and makes them feel very secure on my face. Absolutely love them now. My i4s and Grills don't get a look in!

Current collection.

1795832_1392753867656698_1160469278_o.jpg

Double strapped.

2014-02-19 15.49.16.jpg

I double strap all the shop guys e-flexes and mine. It really does make a world of difference.

I did it from my first prototypes. There was supposed to be a goggle with that option and an upgrade kit available to do it from Empire but it doesn't look like it got released and I don't know if it ever will.

I agree it improves the fit when it comes to comfort over your nose.

Speaking of the E-Flex, I put the chin strap back on mine for reffing this weekend, and moved how I wear the main strap higher. What a difference in feel! It may not be trendy to wear the chin strap, but it sure did work nice.

Definitely need a new mask. Going_Home: Would you recommend the Vio to someone who does not wear glasses?

Could fogging issues occur if a mask doesn't fit right? Maybe that is why I'm having issues with mine...

Quote Originally Posted by get.lit.up View Post
    Could fogging issues occur if a mask doesn't fit right? Maybe that is why I'm having issues with mine...
    Absolutely. Some fogging is actually more like saturation where the moisture from your breath gets into the lens cavity. This is a big thing to avoid. If the foam isn't sealing decently around your face the warm and moist breath can get up and cause that. This is one reason why I have no idea how they are going to get the Angel Eyes Eyon to work well.

I see no reason why you couldn't trim or add foam in order to get the perfect fit for your own face.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Definitely need a new mask. Going_Home: Would you recommend the Vio to someone who does not wear glasses?
    Absolutely, I really like the Vio and the design, how easily the lens comes out, its as good of coverage and protection as any.

The ease of communication with the mask on is just as good as the Eflex, both are excellent.

This is my only gripe on the Grill, when I yell out to a team mate it almost deafens me with the Grill on.

The Vio lens curve is very sharp and glasses wont work, thought about getting prescription sports goggles but do I really want to spend that much ?

No..... my vision insurance offers a reduced rate for lasik, I've been thinking about that for years anyway......

endeavor to persevere.......