Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: E-Flex / I-4 (rant)

My options are pretty much limited to the Eflex/Events/Avatar and Profiler due to me having to wear glasses. Jt's are also pretty decent. These were the only ones I felt comfortable with. I'm a suck when it comes to poking my eye with my finger so contacts are a no go.

What method do you guys recommend doublestrapping an Eflex? Pressure on the nose is my one complaint with it.

Ears are easily solved with foam from a supply store, an exacto knife and a Timely Template. Old mouse pads (does anybody still even have these?) also work.

I successfully used Grillz with glasses for a few years.

I alleviated the nose pressure by wearing the chin strap and having the head strap ride higher. It didn't bother me too much before, now it's entirely gone. Might just be me, though.

It also sets a good example when I'm reffing. "Hey, the ref is wearing his chin strap, we probably should, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lazik was the best money I have ever spent.
    Wait don't they like cut your eyes then laser and put the membrane they cut back on?

If it worked for you I may need to invest in lazik this winter, get the benefits company to cover it lol

Will also try adding some foam too and see how that will work on the eflex

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I successfully used Grillz with glasses for a few years.
    EDIT: Glasses actually hitting the lens on the Grill just like the Vio, very uncomfortable and distracting.
    Going to try the KLR on tomorrow but I expect it will be more of the same.

Last edited by going_home; 04-27-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    endeavor to persevere.......

Tried on the HK KLR today, same issue as the Vio and Grill, glasses actually hitting the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Tried on the HK KLR today, same issue as the Vio and Grill, glasses actually hitting the lens.
    Most of the modern goggles are going that way as they try to appeal to the younger crowd that is actually the majority of the market base.

I hate it, and originally thought I had almost gone too far with the Avatar, and then DYE came out with the i4 which is crazy small and is one of the best selling goggles... ever, and still is going strong.

It's going to be tough for any of the big companies to follow a different path as numbers talk over the minority with glasses or who would like more space in the ocular area of the goggle to avoid fogging at big games etc.

When I started to design the new Vents line from the Avatar, E-vent and Helix, I was still wearing glasses so it was hugely important for me to make sure the goggles would fit with them. I am not sure you are going to see designers that make those decisions nowadays and they are more pushed on marketing style than anything else.

The thing is the I4 doesn't cover much, especially doesn't cover the ears completely, at least it didn't interfere with the glasses.

I do see the trend, it's sales driven, like just about everything else in the world.

Probably the greater majority of players are under 30.

It'd be interesting to see as actually how many are over 50.

Not sure how that would be accomplished but it'd be interesting.

Ended up keeping the Eflex and picked up an Event for a backup.