Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing the double posting issue...

I am working on the double post thing. No-one seems to know why it is happening or be able to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am working on the double post thing. No-one seems to know why it is happening or be able to fix it.
    What version of VBulletin are you using? I can take a poke around AO and my Dev. site and see if I can replicate the problem. Does it happen in specific instances or always?

You are just about to get Admin privs if you think you can fix it I should split this thread up...

Feel free to add the chat system to the top links too, and make it so that people can edit their posts too once registered lol

At cursory glance, this is an issue that crept up with 4.2.2. Apparently 4.2.1 doesn't have this issue. Now, AO is using 4.2.2 but is on the CMS version of it. I don't think that's the overall issue, but will look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Feel free to add the chat system to the top links too, and make it so that people can edit their posts too once registered lol
    Need higher level permissions to be able to access that stuff.

chat, oooooo

and as of *this* post, it's not fixed
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 01-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Supports Inception Designs
    It doesn't happen to me all the time, I suspect that it may be browser-related.

Supports Inception Designs
    As of now, on my current browser (IE 8.0.7) my posts don't show up as double but, I get an error immediately after posting that says I've posted twice but, my post is shown correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    It doesn't happen to me all the time, I suspect that it may be browser-related.
    I know. It seems almost random as to who it happens to. I also saw the whole -----updated----- thing that needs to go away. Not sure where the fault lies yet.