Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxe OLED Revealed

Luxe OLED Revealed

So this was the big ta-do?
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

I'm really curious about how they plan to integrate the OLED board, and the picture doesn't really give any real insight. They essentially have two options - #1 with the screen on the grips (like Virtue and MacDev do), or #2 the rear of the frame like PE. However, as Darryl likes to keep everything pretty much plug-in upgradable, in the frame would mean a new frame for existing users, which isn't quite a plug and play option if you consider the cost and broken anodizing schemes.

OLED on the back of the frame is the only place that makes sense if that is the actual gun.

That was my next point - if that is the ACTUAL gun, or just a 2.0 to showcase fitment.

Could the OLED be on the right face of the grip?

Supports Inception Designs
    Entirely possible but, not optimal for righties.

Insider
    Meh... You forgot bluetooth and an iphone/android app.

Remember the circuit board is positioned on the right side of the frame, so placing the screen on that side would get it right under the grips. Otherwise the display would need to be placed up on a daughterboard raised above the board on the left side, and for that there'd be no room for the current speaker.

I think it's good this has happened at last. When the marker development began there really wasn't such thing as OLED displays (pretty sure the Angels didn't have them at the time) so the new agey solution was audio....but on the advent of better technology compared to LCD screens the winner is pretty clear. Of course now OLED has the benefit of being cheaper just for economies of scale, back in 2006 the market was nonexistant.
    Now what the gun needs is more input buttons to make menu navigation easier from the outside of the gun....

Speaking of buttons:

I tell you what - if somebody had the capability to create a mebrane pad/button pad for the Alias level intimidator, they'd make $$$. Most of them are starting to fail and replacements are scarce.