Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Educate me, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    He's not correct, (pressure has no inherent bias) and if you mean the Bud that designed the autococker, I wouldn't be taking reliability tips.
    bwahahaha

ABT, ABT dear friend.

not that i disagree mind you ....
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I'd be curious to hear Simon's thoughts on the Resurrection Autococker - my guess is that the type and location of threads used for adjustments were looked at, and the guided midblock system significantly prevents setting drift. I'd venture a guess that like for like, Resurrections will stay in time for far longer than not-Simonized cockers..
    There was a LOT of work that went into the Resurrection to try and make it reliable and in order to allow it to be made and assembled well. Every part that fits together in the system and that affects the timing had specific tolerances for the assembled parts in order that you end up with a working gun. It's more work to build that and put it together well than any other gun I have ever worked on. Originally we had a tighter set up on the trigger but to aid reliability we ended up going with a slotted trigger plate, although far less slotted than many.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post

A kid was trying to sell a BL marker and let me use it at a game back in early November. Nice of him. I made the inference it was 5 or 6 years old or more. He wanted $300 and I was under the impression they kept their value more than that, but no one else seemed to question the price, so I guess it was average in the market. Really liked it, especially the trigger. Perhaps the love or hate, no in-between opinions on BL products make for people being reasonable in estimating decline in value when something ages. Then again, what do I know? Nothing -Bob Long markers are new to me.
    I know that the Intimidator guns have come down to about $250 or so from a $1100 pricetag when they were first released. Aside from a faulty solenoid (not a part they build themselves) that gun NEVER gave me issues. I ended up selling it years ago, but recently found one on Craigslist for $90. Put a new board, keypad and a few odds & ends in and she shoots like brand new. (Need to get some paint and chrono it to be sure, but sound/feel of it leads me to believe we're good.) Even with those parts, I'm sub the $250 going rate.

Now, I know some people with the exact same gun who had numerous problems. Really depends on the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    There was a LOT of work that went into the Resurrection to try and make it reliable and in order to allow it to be made and assembled well. Every part that fits together in the system and that affects the timing had specific tolerances for the assembled parts in order that you end up with a working gun. It's more work to build that and put it together well than any other gun I have ever worked on. Originally we had a tighter set up on the trigger but to aid reliability we ended up going with a slotted trigger plate, although far less slotted than many.
    It's butter smooth though. It will likely be the next gun I actually buy new because I think it is worth it for the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I know that the Intimidator guns have come down to about $250 or so from a $1100 pricetag when they were first released. Aside from a faulty solenoid (not a part they build themselves) that gun NEVER gave me issues. I ended up selling it years ago, but recently found one on Craigslist for $90. Put a new board, keypad and a few odds & ends in and she shoots like brand new. (Need to get some paint and chrono it to be sure, but sound/feel of it leads me to believe we're good.) Even with those parts, I'm sub the $250 going rate.

Now, I know some people with the exact same gun who had numerous problems. Really depends on the parts.
    The reg piston that would come apart led to a lot of issues as well. All the Intimidators I had (Alias generation) had some issue with reg creep from the LPR or some issue with erratic velocity. After I decided I hated clam shell frames (me + small electronics = broken) I just gave up on owning them. I just hated working on them so I stopped buying them. I just really liked the Ripper 2 milling and the CP trigger felt awesome.

I will echo Simon's post on Bob's guns. I have owned two personally and have had teammates and friends that have owned a few as well. We all wanted to love them. When they were shooting right it was music to our ears. The other 50% of the time they were inconsistent, broke paint, or had random pressure spikes from the LPR.
    I started calling it my "golf gun". I am an average to horrible golfer, but when I play it only takes one great shot to remind me why I do it. My Bob guns were the same way. It only took one great day of playing with it working great to make me want to keep it. Eventually I got tired to using my pressure tester after every time I played and sold it. I have never looked back.
    I have an Ego 11 now but it never comes out of the gear bag. It's all Resurrection and Minimag for me now.