Thread: Geo3.1 Efficiency ? Does It Get Any Better ?

Question Geo3.1 Efficiency ? Does It Get Any Better ?

Mr Wood ?

Does a Geo3.1 ever get any better efficiency after a break in period ?

If so whats the expected ball count efficiency after break in, and whats the break in period ball count ?

I bought one today without checking youtube and now I'm a bit surprised how bad they are out of the box.

I'm comparing this to the Ego LV1 which is very efficient.

I was planning on selling the LV1 and keeping the Geo3.1 but now I am doubting that was a good plan.

Its a terrible dilemma.

endeavor to persevere.......

IMO: spool valve guns at this time will never match the efficiency of a poppit. It all comes down to you as a player and what you want...I.e. Efficiency,Feel,ease of maintenance.Ect.......

Which spools and which poppets are you referring to? There are some very efficient spools, and some very inefficient poppets.
    I don't know, fly casual

Insider
    Spools can reach 'poppet' level, but that is based on design. Most of them dump an entire LP chamber, and from what I have found is the last 50psi is wasted in most setups. On a gun dumping a 150psi chamber, that means a considerable portion of the air is wasted.

Poppets 'pop' open and release part of the air chamber, often leaving the last 50psi. That goes a long way to increase efficiency. But if badly tunes, sprung, or otherwise they can waste that air also.