Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's put Cockerpunk on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    culture jamming is nothing new.

if you believe culture jamming and building counter culture is the same thing you've missed the point.

im sorry nobody, but automags are no longer amazing guns. its just that simple. i love em too. but they are now outclassed and have been for a long time. most automag owners and shooters know this. its ok to just like something, and not need objective reasons to do so.
    Have the courtesy of reading the whole thing.

I know culture jamming is not new, but putting a new name or label on it is. Today's society wants individualism but acceptance of the masses, hence labels. Soccer moms, weekend warriors. Simple labels to generalize who they are. If you read what i said, you would get that.

And you know nothing about mags and me. Yes, i use them, yes i will eventually build my pumpmag or egomag, but i don't feel bad if i haven't shot a mag at all this year. I love the guns, love how they shoot. And i also hate that it was never updated, never improved upon, now in 20 years after the Xvalve. Hell, its barely my first or second choice.

But the point is, you don't go to a biker bar full of harleys and tell them harleys suck. You don't go to ferrari and tell them that they are making bad cars. You have to expect some backlash, and some brand loyalty. There is too little of brand loyalty now, don't know if that is good or bad, but you don't piss on the carpet when you visit someone's house just because you can. That is just plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Have the courtesy of reading the whole thing.

I know culture jamming is not new, but putting a new name or label on it is. Today's society wants individualism but acceptance of the masses, hence labels. Soccer moms, weekend warriors. Simple labels to generalize who they are. If you read what i said, you would get that.

And you know nothing about mags and me. Yes, i use them, yes i will eventually build my pumpmag or egomag, but i don't feel bad if i haven't shot a mag at all this year. I love the guns, love how they shoot. And i also hate that it was never updated, never improved upon, now in 20 years after the Xvalve. Hell, its barely my first or second choice.

But the point is, you don't go to a biker bar full of harleys and tell them harleys suck. You don't go to ferrari and tell them that they are making bad cars. You have to expect some backlash, and some brand loyalty. There is too little of brand loyalty now, don't know if that is good or bad, but you don't piss on the carpet when you visit someone's house just because you can. That is just plain stupid
    the name cutlure jamming isn't new either.

you absolutely can and should tell a bar full of Harley owners they suck. because they do suck. 100% garbage, anyone who knows two things about motorcycles knows HDs are trash. its on there home turf where they least suspect it is exactly where you should do it. i know several ferrari owners, one even has a 355 and we mock the 5 valve engine every time we see each other. brand loyalty is one of the dumbest and simple minded concepts ever. even more than tearing down a brand hierarchy, i guess i should start with tearing down brand loyalty. brand loyalty is simply indefensible IMO.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-13-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

you absolutely can and should tell a bar full of Harley owners they suck. because they do suck. 100% garbage, anyone who knows two things about motorcycles knows HDs are trash...brand loyalty is one of the dumbest and simple minded concepts ever. even more than tearing down a brand hierarchy, i guess i should start with tearing down brand loyalty. brand loyalty is simply indefensible IMO.
    Sigh. Let me know when and where you're going to do this. I want to be there. Such a move should be recorded for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Sigh. Let me know when and where you're going to do this. I want to be there. Such a move should be recorded for posterity.
    do i get to post "so much for the tolerant left" or something equally stupid that the snowflake harley owners would say afterwards?

lol

i seriously cannot turn it off. here i am mocking conservative moron's ideas, with there own words, after they are assumed to blow up and beat me up because

*checks notes*

i told them there motorcycle brand is dumb

this is exactly the reason we need more culture jamming hahahaha
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

the name cutlure jamming isn't new either.

you absolutely can and should tell a bar full of Harley owners they suck. because they do suck. 100% garbage, anyone who knows two things about motorcycles knows HDs are trash. its on there home turf where they least suspect it is exactly where you should do it. i know several ferrari owners, one even has a 355 and we mock the 5 valve engine every time we see each other. brand loyalty is one of the dumbest and simple minded concepts ever. even more than tearing down a brand hierarchy, i guess i should start with tearing down brand loyalty. brand loyalty is simply indefensible IMO.
    I am chocking this up to the fact that your sheltered midwestern upbringing did not include of not doing things not because they are right, but you will get your ass kicked by people that don't give a shit if your right or not. Yes, they may be knuckle dragging mouth breathers, but i am not stupid enough to insult people just because i know better.

So with pump scout, i too want to see you do this. Hell, i will fly you out to NJ in September for Harley weekend. 100k bikes come down for a weekend of what they do. If that is not enough people for you to preach and educate, then you are just an internet troll hiding behind the keyboard, making threats of things yiu will never do.

You are at least friends of the Ferrari owner, that doesn't count. Friendly mocking js just that.

Brand loyalty is the greatest thing you can get. When you have people supporting you in an endeavor, it means you can continue. It means that you can interact with the customer base giving them what they want & the customer feels good that the company listens to them. We need more of it, not less. Having flavors of the month, does nothing but add in guess work, wasting time and resources.

I am chocking this up to the fact that your sheltered midwestern upbringing did not include of not doing things not because they are right, but you will get your ass kicked by people that don't give a shit if your right or not. Yes, they may be knuckle dragging mouth breathers, but i am not stupid enough to insult people just because i know better.

So with pump scout, i too want to see you do this. Hell, i will fly you out to NJ in September for Harley weekend. 100k bikes come down for a weekend of what they do. If that is not enough people for you to preach and educate, then you are just an internet troll hiding behind the keyboard, making threats of things yiu will never do.

You are at least friends of the Ferrari owner, that doesn't count. Friendly mocking js just that.

Brand loyalty is the greatest thing you can get. When you have people supporting you in an endeavor, it means you can continue. It means that you can interact with the customer base giving them what they want & the customer feels good that the company listens to them. We need more of it, not less. Having flavors of the month, does nothing but add in guess work, wasting time and resources.

do i get to post "so much for the tolerant left" or something equally stupid that the snowflake harley owners would say afterwards?

lol

i seriously cannot turn it off. here i am mocking conservative moron's ideas, with there own words, after they are assumed to blow up and beat me up because

*checks notes*

i told them there motorcycle brand is dumb

this is exactly the reason we need more culture jamming hahahaha
    if someone telling you your choice in motorcycle brand is dumb causes that kind of response, we need everyone, everywhere to be constantly doing this.

fucking pathetic snowflakes. your also forgetting that i live in the midwest, which is code for, as soon as you leave the cities, its the south. i know my way around towny country bars.

i think we are touching on a theme already stated, about how the entire US culture i built around making white, straight, older, men comfortable. in this case, by giving them free use of unjustified violence.

choke a black man to death over a cig, perfectly legal. say harleys are shitty bikes (because they are) in a bar, you deserve to get your shit beat up by old white dudes.

what a world. we need more culture jamming. we need to make more people, more culturally uncomfortable, all the time.

buckle up buttercups, if you think saying harleys are shit bikes is bad, let me tell you about some actual fun things!
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-14-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Oi vey...

Its not about telling the truth, whether precieved or factual, its the simple fact that you don't yell fire in a movie theater to test if people will run for the exit. Harley are horrible bikes, yet they sell because of the precieved image, the history of it and how culture says in a midlife crisis, it is so socially acceptable to buy a harley after 40 and become a weekend warrior.

There arr plenty of cases of antiquated tech still being used. Carburetors in nascar, hell, carburetors in general. Full injection is far superior in every aspect, yet when it comes down to computers, wiring harnesses, having albeit more expensive parts, many people feel it is easier to to slap a holley 4 barrel on a motor and go. Stick shifts are another. An automatic slushbox is way better now. Faster shifting, better torque range and can put down the power better. But you have people that want, nay NEED that 3rd peddle and extra control.

So would you go to every stick shift owner and tell them they are stupid for their choice? Is every person who makes a choice that differs with you, dumb? No, it is personal choice. You choose to be an ass, ignorant and a douchebag, when you should know thatyou could easly have more people who you call friends.

So this is not a cultural statement, this is not proof. This is a vieled attempt at yet another thing you can not comprehend of how people choose to think, act, be different than you, regardless of "logic".

I was hating Smart parts way before it was cool to. My friends knew that, and when they wanted to get a rise out of me, i would rant, but i never insulted them into using their guns, or barrels or even tanks. They may have listened to what i had to say, but they chose to what they liked. I can't fault them for it. Their stuff worked as well as any other brands. And even when they copied, a copy, or even put out the same system with slight changes and people bought them, do i care? Nope, its not my money they spent. I would never give them my money. Again, their choice.

Oi vey...

Its not about telling the truth, whether precieved or factual, its the simple fact that you don't yell fire in a movie theater to test if people will run for the exit. Harley are horrible bikes, yet they sell because of the precieved image, the history of it and how culture says in a midlife crisis, it is so socially acceptable to buy a harley after 40 and become a weekend warrior.

There arr plenty of cases of antiquated tech still being used. Carburetors in nascar, hell, carburetors in general. Full injection is far superior in every aspect, yet when it comes down to computers, wiring harnesses, having albeit more expensive parts, many people feel it is easier to to slap a holley 4 barrel on a motor and go. Stick shifts are another. An automatic slushbox is way better now. Faster shifting, better torque range and can put down the power better. But you have people that want, nay NEED that 3rd peddle and extra control.

So would you go to every stick shift owner and tell them they are stupid for their choice? Is every person who makes a choice that differs with you, dumb? No, it is personal choice. You choose to be an ass, ignorant and a douchebag, when you should know thatyou could easly have more people who you call friends.

So this is not a cultural statement, this is not proof. This is a vieled attempt at yet another thing you can not comprehend of how people choose to think, act, be different than you, regardless of "logic".

I was hating Smart parts way before it was cool to. My friends knew that, and when they wanted to get a rise out of me, i would rant, but i never insulted them into using their guns, or barrels or even tanks. They may have listened to what i had to say, but they chose to what they liked. I can't fault them for it. Their stuff worked as well as any other brands. And even when they copied, a copy, or even put out the same system with slight changes and people bought them, do i care? Nope, its not my money they spent. I would never give them my money. Again, their choice.
    i cant find a response to anything ive posted in this post.

cool bro, you do you

No gordo, i asked you questions. Since you like to do whatever you want. Responding to you is pointless. So i asked questions.

every question you asked me:

So would you go to every stick shift owner and tell them they are stupid for their choice?

there are plenty of cars that a better transmission is not available. also, rules.

Is every person who makes a choice that differs with you, dumb?

nope.

And even when they copied, a copy, or even put out the same system with slight changes and people bought them, do i care?

do you? this question is not directed at me.

ask dumb questions, get dumb responses.