Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Let's put Cockerpunk on the spot

No, i was hoping you would not do pithy responses like asking you anything is beneath you. But i guess you only give dumb answers cause you have dumb ideas. Idk, guess my meme-fu is just not adequate enough.

So when is your world wide tour of telling everyone that you have all the answers going to happen? I mean, this is your world, and only you have the intelectual fortitude to see how everything is wrong and only you have the correct answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No, i was hoping you would not do pithy responses like asking you anything is beneath you. But i guess you only give dumb answers cause you have dumb ideas. Idk, guess my meme-fu is just not adequate enough.

So when is your world wide tour of telling everyone that you have all the answers going to happen? I mean, this is your world, and only you have the intelectual fortitude to see how everything is wrong and only you have the correct answers.
    i literally answered all your questions in your post. ¯\_(*)_/¯
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Have the courtesy of reading the whole thing.

I know culture jamming is not new, but putting a new name or label on it is. Today's society wants individualism but acceptance of the masses, hence labels. Soccer moms, weekend warriors. Simple labels to generalize who they are. If you read what i said, you would get that.

And you know nothing about mags and me. Yes, i use them, yes i will eventually build my pumpmag or egomag, but i don't feel bad if i haven't shot a mag at all this year. I love the guns, love how they shoot. And i also hate that it was never updated, never improved upon, now in 20 years after the Xvalve. Hell, its barely my first or second choice.

But the point is, you don't go to a biker bar full of harleys and tell them harleys suck. You don't go to ferrari and tell them that they are making bad cars. You have to expect some backlash, and some brand loyalty. There is too little of brand loyalty now, don't know if that is good or bad, but you don't piss on the carpet when you visit someone's house just because you can. That is just plain stupid
    there are literally no questions in this post
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Gordo, you do realize that your eschewing of "labels" or "culture jamming" is essentially the same thing that generations upon generations have been doing. Ebb when the rest of the world flows, and then flow when they come back to ebb. And to put a label on it ,which means nothing, is exactly how counter-culture becomes absorbed into what is the culture. All those weekend warrior biker dads, that you despised. That is from capitalism as well as the culture accepting the practice of people enjoying the freedom of the road on a motorcycle. Call it part of thr PG rated "bad boy hog rider" or "biker sheik". The same thing is happening to tattoos. Tattoos were looked upon with disdain in society. Yet the more prevalence and acceptance in society, the more soccer moms have visable tats or stay at home dads have sleeves.

Society has always absorbed all acts, whether they become culture. And through the disillusionment of the masses starts the next phase(grunge music was the opposite of hair metal) of an ideal, it, especially now, is to what capitalism can then suck dry, or their pound of flesh. This is nothing new, and for someone who goes by the beat of their own drum, are falling into the normal circle of labels.

Now, you are a troll for exactly the reasons why you say you are not. You make inflammatory statements, trying to make others believe what you have to either get a rise out of people or "i provoke the fight". It is one thing to come in question a thing, enter into a discussion and try to either get the correct answer or to prove your assumptions are correct, in most cases(barring opinion, OT, and the like). To kick the bee's nest just because is why you are the most hated troll in paintball. You can be totally right onna subject, but the manner in which you present it is so destructive, that no one cares that you are right.

Case in point. You say in paintball, all you need is an Azodin blowback to play a good game of paintball and not be totally outclassed. Its very true. That gun is light years ahead of what most veteran players statted with and is very competitive with many other guns that cost much more. Yet, you go into a forum, a forum that may be biased on a certain gun brand, say that, trash the gun, trash the people and start a flame war over it, cause you wish to provoke a fight. That is why you could fix everything wrong in paintball, yet no one will ever listen to a thing you have to say. Again, its called tact.

And to preach to people? Sorry, i find that laughable concept for you. Oh you certainly can talk down to people, but yet you wish to be in a group, be part of the social norm. I can understand that, but you have to realize that the need for acceptance in a group, is to contribute to that social structure. No one wishes to at odds with anyone. Sure, disagreements can and will happen. Been their, done that. Seen that with "friends for years" that just turned on me.

So, try not to analyze every little aspect. Ignorance is bliss, in society. Cause the smartest, most intelligent people aren't always the ones that people listen too.
    the only question in this post is this one:

And to preach to people? Sorry, i find that laughable concept for you.

which was rhetorical and you answered it.

for "asking questions" you sure don't ask many questions.

Fine. Let's play then.

Why do you feel the need to be a literal ass when someone disagrees with your opinion?

Do you realize that you could get more people accepting your opinion when you are not being an egotistical troll? I am sure you wouldn't be banned from, how many forums?

Even though some products that are popular but might be horrendous, like the aforementioned Harley, for instance; that you feel that your opinion and only yours is the "truth? That is, what credentials, what analysis do you base this on? Opinion is personal, and just because you base things, possibly on logic, in your skewed universe, why does that mean your opinion is greater than the whole?

I truly do not believe that, while you may have differing opinions on touchy subjects, that you have gone out of your way, to enter into an establishment, berate owners of Harley's for instance, and have not gotten your ass kicked? Do you have any proof of this?

Will you come to NJ so that possibly, you can tell a whole bunch of barley owners that they are idiots riding on horrible motorcycles?

I know that i have extended many offers to you abiut previous Tunaball events, so why do you ignore my offers for me to pay your field fees so that you could grace many people of your intellect? We have had Tom Kaye out and it was incredible to hear him speak in a relaxed atmosphere. Learned much about DB Sweeney hijacking.

Fine. Let's play then.

Why do you feel the need to be a literal ass when someone disagrees with your opinion?

question assumes something that isn't true. as the thread is about, culture jamming is not a "litteral ass."

Do you realize that you could get more people accepting your opinion when you are not being an egotistical troll? I am sure you wouldn't be banned from, how many forums?

other folks, who break there own rules to ban me, is something entirely outside of my control, and actually proves my point correct.

funny though, everyone bitchin and moaning about the death of forums, are the same forums that banned anyone who didn't agree with the mainstream conclusions or patterns of behavior. i wonder if you can figure out how those two thins are connected?

Even though some products that are popular but might be horrendous, like the aforementioned Harley, for instance; that you feel that your opinion and only yours is the "truth? That is, what credentials, what analysis do you base this on? Opinion is personal, and just because you base things, possibly on logic, in your skewed universe, why does that mean your opinion is greater than the whole?

truth is a big word that i don't like. there is objective and subjective, we have opinions about both of those things. i pride myself on good objective analysis and opinions, and i revel in fun subjective opinions.

I truly do not believe that, while you may have differing opinions on touchy subjects, that you have gone out of your way, to enter into an establishment, berate owners of Harley's for instance, and have not gotten your ass kicked? Do you have any proof of this?

i have not gone into a country biker bar and yelled Harleys sucked. sounds like fun though.

Will you come to NJ so that possibly, you can tell a whole bunch of barley owners that they are idiots riding on horrible motorcycles?

what does state have to do with it?

I know that i have extended many offers to you abiut previous Tunaball events, so why do you ignore my offers for me to pay your field fees so that you could grace many people of your intellect? We have had Tom Kaye out and it was incredible to hear him speak in a relaxed atmosphere. Learned much about DB Sweeney hijacking.
    i have spent a considerable amount of time around tom, and it was fantastic, definitely a hero of mine who im very happy to have met. he bought me a steak and some beer. i have little/no desire to attend tunaball, or most large paintball games anymore, specially not one named after the guy who took personal insult, flamed me for 4 pages, and tried to lie, to me stating that AGD is a garage shop business (which was not an insult) .... when its in fact, it is a garage shop business. and filled with people like you, bigevil and other folks who do not add to my life in any way. i can think of about hundered things id rather do with my time than that.

an i sat down and argued with bill gardner on smart parts wagon when i was 21 about how low pressure guns are bullshit. i state that only for perspective as to how much beating my head against a wall i am willing to do, and how willing i am to walk into situations unfriendly to me and say whats true.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-20-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Have the courtesy of reading the whole thing.

I know culture jamming is not new, but putting a new name or label on it is. Today's society wants individualism but acceptance of the masses, hence labels. Soccer moms, weekend warriors. Simple labels to generalize who they are. If you read what i said, you would get that.

And you know nothing about mags and me. Yes, i use them, yes i will eventually build my pumpmag or egomag, but i don't feel bad if i haven't shot a mag at all this year. I love the guns, love how they shoot. And i also hate that it was never updated, never improved upon, now in 20 years after the Xvalve. Hell, its barely my first or second choice.

But the point is, you don't go to a biker bar full of harleys and tell them harleys suck. You don't go to ferrari and tell them that they are making bad cars. You have to expect some backlash, and some brand loyalty. There is too little of brand loyalty now, don't know if that is good or bad, but you don't piss on the carpet when you visit someone's house just because you can. That is just plain stupid
    I get a lot of people get frustrated by Gordon. I rarely have in the past because I find myself in agreement with him usually, but I still understand it.

Just because he frustrates people though, doesn't mean you should try to rewrite history. He never insulted mags in the forum. He said that for the 2014 year his armory was basically going to be Kaos, and posted it in "The Armory" where people post all of their markers.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...r-2014-will-be

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    I get a lot of people get frustrated by Gordon. I rarely have in the past because I find myself in agreement with him usually, but I still understand it.

Just because he frustrates people though, doesn't mean you should try to rewrite history. He never insulted mags in the forum. He said that for the 2014 year his armory was basically going to be Kaos, and posted it in "The Armory" where people post all of their markers.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...r-2014-will-be
    insulted mags is a silly term.

but it also highlights the point. nobody is talking about truth, your talking about insulting an inanimate object, and both are just kinda silly concepts.

i stated in my post there are objective and subjective things about mags. when evaluating a personal opinion about automags, i look at them objectively and see that they are no longer the best guns. objectively this is true. some might say thats some kind of an insult, or that that is the "truth" as if there is only truth or someone can have a "true opinion." subjectively, i like automags, they strike me as very Japanese engineering simple, i like the ping sound they make from the spring, you can always hear them out there, ping ping ping. generally, i like mags.

so i dont know. i don't like gun apologists who get wrapped up in the subjective romance of a thing. nor do i like purely objective analysis as a method to find out what you think is fun. objective is somewhat antithetical to fun in many ways. its an opinion, its a dynamic thing.

if you love mags in some strange an dumb way like many do, yeah, me saying mags arn't efficient, they are hard for new folks to troubleshoot, lots of them are heavier than sin, and twistlocks are hard to find, the emag really didnt age well etc etc etc ... yeah your gonna have an excuse for every single one of those and think im insulting the gun. im not, those are just true statements about them.

nobody keeps misunderstanding me, and accusing me of thinking my opinion is truth or something (as if such a thing could exist, lol). or that if you dont share my opinion your stupid or dumb or something. maybe you dont like the ping ping ping, idk, i don't really care. but also don't state things that are just not true in defense of something you just like. its ok to just like something totally different than what someone else likes.

contrary to nobodys accusation of stating opinions as "truth" i think the point ive made on this subject for years is just in defense of just having a subjective opinion. its ok to just like something.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-20-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    insulted mags is a silly term.

but it also highlights the point. nobody is talking about truth, your talking about insulting an inanimate object, and both are just kinda silly concepts.

i stated in my post there are objective and subjective things about mags. when evaluating a personal opinion about automags, i look at them objectively and see that they are no longer the best guns. objectively this is true. some might say thats some kind of an insult, or that that is the "truth" as if there is only truth or someone can have a "true opinion." subjectively, i like automags, they strike me as very Japanese engineering simple, i like the ping sound they make from the spring, you can always hear them out there, ping ping ping. generally, i like mags.

so i dont know. i don't like gun apologists who get wrapped up in the subjective romance of a thing. nor do i like purely objective analysis as a method to find out what you think is fun. objective is somewhat antithetical to fun in many ways. its an opinion, its a dynamic thing.

if you love mags in some strange an dumb way like many do, yeah, me saying mags arn't efficient, they are hard for new folks to troubleshoot, lots of them are heavier than sin, and twistlocks are hard to find, the emag really didnt age well etc etc etc ... yeah your gonna have an excuse for every single one of those and think im insulting the gun. im not, those are just true statements about them.

nobody keeps misunderstanding me, and accusing me of thinking my opinion is truth or something (as if such a thing could exist, lol). or that if you dont share my opinion your stupid or dumb or something. maybe you dont like the ping ping ping, idk, i don't really care. but also don't state things that are just not true in defense of something you just like. its ok to just like something totally different than what someone else likes.

contrary to nobodys accusation of stating opinions as "truth" i think the point ive made on this subject for years is just in defense of just having a subjective opinion. its ok to just like something.
    I get that, but the post in question you didn't even talk about mags, which was kind of my point. Seems like he's trying to hold on to a 5 year (although likely longer) grudge and is mis-remembering what happened to have an excuse to criticize you more, which is silly.

I agree insulting a marker is silly, just like taking criticism of something you like to be an insult, but my point was that even if he has a problem with you, making stuff up to be mad about is asinine.

question assumes something that isn't true. as the thread is about, culture jamming is not a "litteral ass."
    No, the thread was not started about culture jamming. You just found a label for what yiu choose to do.

other folks, who break there own rules to ban me, is something entirely outside of my control, and actually proves my point correct.

funny though, everyone bitchin and moaning about the death of forums, are the same forums that banned anyone who didn't agree with the mainstream conclusions or patterns of behavior. i wonder if you can figure out how those two thins are connected?
    Forums are dying because the accepted technology and/or laziness of what places like facebook give, i.e. sending you the links to replies vs going out to go search them, is what killed forums. Paintball being a niche sport, a fringe activity that started life with 2 black eyes, had its peake and now we are on the backside. Being a rsther expensive sport, its harder and harder to get new blood into it. Add in prevalence of "e-sports" and the kids don't have to leave the couch anymore. Everything has been brought to them at their phone. Banning someone, doesn't mean anything, just to you.

truth is a big word that i don't like. there is objective and subjective, we have opinions about both of those things. i pride myself on good objective analysis and opinions, and i revel in fun subjective opinions.
    Really? You preach the truths, everywhere. 1 piece over 2 piece barrels, overbore is better than underbore. How many times have you said you had empirical data, or how you say that this is better or best and no one cared? So, you you decide what is fun, what is the truth or what we should have an opinion on?

i have not gone into a country biker bar and yelled Harleys sucked. sounds like fun though.
    Hmmm, you talk like you do this kind of thing all the time? You say you have gone to towny bars, i am surprised that this is just an open idle threat. I figured you had a litany of other thruths you had shout at people. Guess you are a troll in life as well.

what does state have to do with it?
    Specifically, nothing, except there will be a whole bunch of moronic people riding stupid things that need to be exposed to your truth.

i have spent a considerable amount of time around tom, and it was fantastic, definitely a hero of mine who im very happy to have met. he bought me a steak and some beer. i have little/no desire to attend tunaball, or most large paintball games anymore, specially not one named after the guy who took personal insult, flamed me for 4 pages, and tried to lie, to me stating that AGD is a garage shop business (which was not an insult) .... when its in fact, it is a garage shop business. and filled with people like you, bigevil and other folks who do not add to my life in any way. i can think of about hundered things id rather do with my time than that.

an i sat down and argued with bill gardner on smart parts wagon when i was 21 about how low pressure guns are bullshit. i state that only for perspective as to how much beating my head against a wall i am willing to do, and how willing i am to walk into situations unfriendly to me and say whats true.
    Once again, it was not any question of where AGD operates at, but how you said it. It came off like you were INSULTING AGD for being a garage shop. It was as if coming down from their manufacturing height, with offices, staff and an actual factory building to be a garage shop was beneath you. That was it. No, you went back and forth because you couldn't apologize for how you said it, not that it wasn't true or a fact.

But you not accepting my invitation, to tell us to our faces how wrong we are, is what you're about, right? Walking into a biker bar and telling people that harleys are horrible, right? Even though that is not what we are about, that we enjoy the game that brought us together, how we have fun together and sometimes play some paintball. No, you feel you don't need that. You don't see it and never will. I wanted you to understand but alas you will not.