Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's put Cockerpunk on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    well to a point. the interection between the gun and the player is one thing but there's a reason people dont autocross in a Corvair
    pfft:

its the Detroit 911!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

lol, where's the tombstone

"...dont see MANY people..."
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Insider
    'Doc Nickel''s dad had one of the original mid engine Corvairs.

His dad drove it to work when he did his run to Homer, 90 miles away. Took him less than 90 minutes on a standard 2 ways opposing traffic road. Any day of the year. Mid engine was they way they should have built it.

yea... then they changed things and destroyed it
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

The gun doesn't really matter. I've use GOG enmey/ego7 and have as much fun as my pump. Honestly, I would use an Enmey before a Azodin

If they have fixed the valve issue on the Enmey then that is one hell of a fun gun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If they have fixed the valve issue on the Enmey then that is one hell of a fun gun to play with.
    They have metal ones now

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    My general dispute there is that I'm not sure it does have all of the benefits of - specifically - the Azodin Kaos-D (on/off ASA, longer AC thread barrel, all metal), that drawbacks of sear-tripping are ill-defined or overblown (are we talking noise and kick, or what?), and that it has additional drawbacks that are not considered or ignored (maintenance is truly not comparable, though maintenance in paintball is pretty minimal overall).
    I could have been more specific about my meaning, but I was talking about a non-sear pneumatic mech vs a sear-tripping blowback, and I only said Enmey for the sake of clarity. In reality I'd prefer anything that's not a sear-tripping blowback over that type of gun, and currently only the Enmey fits the bill and does it cheaply.

A blowback will always have a certain "shot quality" due to its blowback nature, and because it's a spring loaded sear tripper, it will have that forward bias with dependent recocking. If there's any sort of hiccup or issue, you have to physically reset the gun. A gun like the Enmey won't have that happen, because it's rear biased at rest, and the whole cycle is determined by the position of the trigger, unlike a blowback. It will also shoot smoother/softer/whatever due to the fact that it's a spool, and even given that it's a spool they still get decent efficiency, more than any blowback I've ever shot. The guns with physical sears will also always have heavier trigger pulls because you have to push a sear, vs moving a valve in the Enmey. Granted, these comparisons were done gun vs gun, but that's just to show how different the two types are and why in my opinion, sear tripping blowbacks are the less desirable choice.

If you want to get into the peripherals like ASA, feedneck, etc, that's a different discussion that isn't really relevant to overall gun types and engine comparisons.
    Last edited by AndrewTheWookie; 01-29-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    I don't know, fly casual

never shot an enmey, but i have shot bryces mech ion. was not impressed.

more of a poppit guy myself, don't mind the kick, and the zero system works pretty dang well at minimizing it. smaller, all metal, lighter, and with my bolt modifications, much more gentle on paint.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Your enthusiasm to tell other people what they "need" to be shooting is interesting. This is paintball, none of us "need" to do it at all - last time I checked it was recreational entertainment. The only gun you need, on any level, to be effective and have fun playing paintball is the one you have fun owning, maintaining and shooting. You seem to acknowledge this point in your last post with a disdain for mech ions. That said, if you shoot an Azodin Kaos with a lurker eigenbarrel, kick-reducing balanced cup seal, regulator, and an on/off ASA, you don't know how to spend your own money. *cough*

This discussion shouldn't be about what gear you need to shoot. It shouldn't even be about what you want to shoot. Most people who've been around more than a couple years know what's up. The discussion that's worth having (and was possibly intended, however poorly approached) is the perception of new entries to the market that a $1000+ marker is necessary to be competitive and have a good time.

Everyone acknowledges costs in paintball are a massive barrier to entry, and this perception only exacerbates things.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-30-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon