Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's put Cockerpunk on the spot

Supports Inception Designs
    I suspect you could post a different gun on different forums :P

I like Breg.

I apologize if I moved the fence posts slightly when copying the TechPB thread over, but I'm still curious about the window of technology. I think most everyone agrees that you fun and effectiveness is not currently differentiated by the technology. So, my big question was, what kind of improvements would it take for the hardware to improve fun and effectiveness? Dream big.

For example, I think it would improve my effectiveness if my marker could automatically calibrate to a desired velocity output with a +/-5 consistency - just click 280 fps in the keypad and the marker will shoot that. I also really, really like what Josh at P4 has done with the dwell and hall effect sensor to automatically set valve opening. Improvements that help me do less work to optimize shot performance might not be a large increase in fun, but it could potentially help me worry less about maintenance between play and more about...well, play itself.

EDIT: In keeping with the car analogy - yes, you could get a neon or a golf instead of a camaro or a cadillac, but what if your car could fly or drive itself to your destination?
    Last edited by Unfated33; 02-01-2014 at 09:14 PM.

nah, cockerpunk is like a cop. when your having fun, he shows up to cancel the fun.

but its purely this. i don't need to play with a Kaos mech, because for the money, its the best or cheapest mech available. i have a rather nice armory, and i like to shoot whatever wants to work that day. i don't care to to prove a point with my setups, as i already do. i love taking out my B2Ks and showing that these were great guns, just over looked. he posted this on AO, and hasn't replied there.

though, i do love a good debate, its just that Gordon likes to change the subject during that debate, trying to invalidate any point that he has gotten wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    nah, cockerpunk is like a cop. when your having fun, he shows up to cancel the fun.

but its purely this. i don't need to play with a Kaos mech, because for the money, its the best or cheapest mech available. i have a rather nice armory, and i like to shoot whatever wants to work that day. i don't care to to prove a point with my setups, as i already do. i love taking out my B2Ks and showing that these were great guns, just over looked. he posted this on AO, and hasn't replied there.

though, i do love a good debate, its just that Gordon likes to change the subject during that debate, trying to invalidate any point that he has gotten wrong.
    now we are on a third flip flop from your first post. from not caring what others shoot, to calling anyone shooting some guns foolish, back to not caring. excellent.

its pretty simple, no matter what i say, you are gonna bitch at me about it because you don't like me. its ok, its not like my feelings are hurt, you can just admit that the real reason you keep posting is that you don't like me.

and fated, sad, even on a forum like this, you arnt going to get the debate you wanted. why? because even on a forum stepped in old school guns, pump guns, and players who play with the most weird and unique setups, a lowly blowback causes them to loose there minds. why? because its not on the hierarchy of guns anywhere, its cool on NO ONE'S list.

and if it has that kind of response here ... then it proves EVERY one of my points.

as far as collections, lets talk about collections of guns, starting with currently owned guns:

obviously the first one:

my rt classic:

my karnivors:

my merlin:

my phuzzard:

my dropout:

not pictured:

2k3 angel LCD special edition ACEed with a morlock board
    JMJ 2k3 Milled Vike
    Evil Omen

Previous guns:

2k2 STO:

2k2 bodied sniper:

SHO:

Trix:

pre-dye buzzard:

my first VSC:

post dye buzzard:

splash blazer:

vert Blazer:

PPSed PGP:

VSC Sterling with J&J kit:

AM Illusion (also had stock class feed)

Classic TImmy:

Mini:

paint sprayer:

euro griped micro:

PBX excel:

Rainmaker:

Spitfire boarded LCD:

FBM Gothic:

Borg:

warped ridge:

my first classic RT:

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

not picture post

- - - Updated - - -

EMAG:

dropout:

DM3:

super stocker:

Assault 80:

Pump Mag:

BPS Reflex:

stock class sniper:

Sov:

WGP karni pump:

not pictured:

Twister Tribal with ACE
    RT pro
    ULE Xvalved mag
    Black Angel LCD
    Silver angel Ir3
    FSR modded PGP
    a red VSC phantom

as you can see, as far as collections go, i am pretty much a pokemon master.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-01-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So is his kitted-out Kaos like the fixie bike of the paintball world? Is cockerpunk a paintball hipster?

it was a good excuse to go through my photobucket, and man, some of those guns ... i miss that gothic, that was a cool gun. wonder who ended up with it.

also, for some reason forgot my TWO AM diadems i owned.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ubooze View Post
    So is his kitted-out Kaos like the fixie bike of the paintball world? Is cockerpunk a paintball hipster?
    this seems ridiculously apt

While I'm amused, I don't know that hundreds of pictures of guns/markers does anything to pull the topic back on track. I get it about being a question over authority to speak, but... image overload to make a point?

Now, my own personal derailment - I'm pretty sure that both sides can't call cockerpunk a hipster and the fuzz at the same time. Those are sworn enemies.

And back on topic, did anyone see this timely article from PaintballX3 Magazine that included interviews with many major paintball suppliers?
    http://www.joomag.com/magazine/paint...76001390664169

On page 36, it starts the section on "What kind of things can we expect from your company in 2014?" and "What do you think the next paintball technology, advancement, or change will be?" I believe this falls in line with the discussion of new innovation affecting fun and effectiveness. Some of the responses were interesting:

Ledz at Planet Eclipse basically said, "I'm not going to be honest and tell you what we're developing". Hilarious, and I can totally respect that. Incidentally, his other comments basically point to enjoying life and having fun, so I think he's further down the path of what's important in paintball than most of the respondents. Either that or he's actually the most honest.

Gino at Valken mentions a "Meta high end scenario" marker. I think the best way I can interpret that is that it will cost a lot of money to look scenario-cool, but is not a technology improvement.

Denny Tippmann thinks the future is mag fed, .50 caliber, and globalization. This sounds similar to what we heard from John Robinson a few months ago. I think this response falls more in line with UV Halo's comments about paintball being more interesting when it's specialized to user tastes. Sorry no one mentioned FSR-type projectiles, though.

Not necessarily relevant to technology advancements, but Jennifer Silverman's (Pinokio) response that both calls out major manufacturers and Simon was amusing to me.

Sergio Aguilar at D3Fy Sports had an interesting, but perhaps jaded take on advancement: "Any technology advancement in paintball is either improving a current design by making the product tool-less, air efficient, or battery conservative. However when it comes to changing the game, it's crucial to understand a players (sic) mind set and human mobility in order to design a product revolutionary that fits comfortably on the player." If he's right, perhaps the argument would be that no technology improvement in markers can improve fun and effectiveness. I'm not convinced he's right - yet.

Brady at Deadlywind (who I'm pretty sure posts here but I can't remember his user id) cracked me up with: "We're not sure what 3d printing is, but it seems to be a hot buzzword and we love buzzwords. We suspect the balls will not be printable for a while though."

Eric Bratten at Tiberius Arms, as well as a couple other respondents, talked about anything but markers as being the area for the next big improvement. In particular, Eric talked about fields improving the customer experience and a further resurgence in goggle/mask technology.

So...I guess no autoguns and laserbeams on the horizon, but at least this is a way to drag other perspectives from the industry into the conversation.

sorry the title is "lets put cockerpunk on the spot" so i kinda figured i was on the spot up to be judged.

wall-o-picture is a good way to prove a point i feel like. esp when my gun collecting, choices and usage is being called into question.