Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Throwback Thursday (and any old pictures from when you first started)

Oh man, I do NOT miss that sandy field haha

Insider

I have no idea when this was. I'm terrible with years. All I know is I looked young

I'm sure someone can date it from clues in the photo

Yes that was Paintball Planet, as it was known then, in its very very very early days. Classy, huh..

And one of my more..er..infamous moments in paintball history

And a few years later. With one of the aforemetioned Dye jerseys and sporting one of the pre-production/prototype Eblades.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack Wood; 02-05-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have one of those blue jersey's from DYE. One of the first paintball jersey's I had with my name on it. can't wear, not sure what to do with it.
    Inception Contest prize or maybe just a gift to someone who would have it as a wall hanger. It would go well displayed beside the FaceFull article about you.

Sadly don't have any photos of the early recball days on the mid 90's of either the hockey or baseball teams that we always would go out paintballing as a year end thing which started the ball rolling into the sport but will try to inquire if such media exists.

Love seeing these as the Old School Paintball Gun group on Facebook seems to be a bit to rapid without much of the storytelling aspect.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

There is definitely a story to be told with all of these pictures, which is awesome.

Jack, you never lost the tendency to streak did you. I remember it happening in the Millennium at least once too...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Jack, you never lost the tendency to streak did you. I remember it happening in the Millennium at least once too...
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    X2
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Don't think I have any on the field pics on here, but here are some tournament pics from the late 90's...I'm the bleach blonde with either the tan DYE visor on or the black/grey DYE beanie

Yeah I had my eyes closed, I was napping, lol

I know a couple were from the Knoxville Indoor, National Indoor Speedball Championships or whatever they called it....It was actually in Harriman, TN at a college there, they had a big horse arena and that's where the tournament was...The others are from the ZAP International Masters that used to be held in Lebanon, TN....The Indoor event was always fun but the scheduling was a nightmare since they only had 1 field and always a lot of teams, I remember us playing games at 2:00 am to end the night session then having to be back on the field at 6:00am to begin the day session...A few nights we just slept in the parking lot. The ZAP Masters was always a blast, some of the best times I've had at a tournament were there at the ZAP events & the Music City Open events that Jim Lively put on back in the day.

Huh, tried to post pics last night but my post went bye-bye...

As a new user the automod kicks in when a lot of photo's or links are posted. It's up and visible now

that yellow rt is crazy
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.