Thread: Etek Star Board Breakbeam sensor part# (or other help)

Etek Star Board Breakbeam sensor part# (or other help)

Hey,

Trying to drop an E2 board into an Etek Star frame, I have the frame dremelled out to accept the board, but the sensor on the E2 board doesn't match up with the trigger, as everything 06+ went to a centered arm instead of an offset one. I was thinking of just desoldering the sensor from the Star board and placing it on the E2, , but the emitter takes 5V, whereas the emitter on the E2 board is only 1.5V to the emitter.

Does anyone know the part number? I want to see if I can find a similar part with a lower voltage requirement to match the E2 board.

Or, if I could replace a resistor, that would work too, but I would love to know which one and what I should replace it with.

Really wishing I had an electric soldering iron right now, my butane one is just EATING through fuel while set as high as possible.... yes, I took the emitter off before checking the voltage drop.

Thanks!

can the E2 board handle break beam eyes? i am assuming that the etek eyes are break beam.

E2 can handle break beam eyes, but I'm talking about the trigger sensor.

Further to this, does anyone know any specs on the receiver used for these boards? I'm curious to know what wavelength these emitters are supposed to be detecting.

I wonder if an email to Planet could help me with this better..

edit - being dumb. I can just match both pieces and be good to go.

edit 2 - Ordering these parts:

Emitter

Receiver

I worry about the receiver orientation being correct, but hey, it's like 4 dollars.
    Last edited by new ion?; 02-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.

I did it on my karni a ling time ago using an mq2....dont remember how i did the trigger tho....

I've actually modified an 06 frame for an E2 as well. For that one, I just put a 'flag' of electrical tape along the trigger arm...

I don't have pics, but I can get some when I get home.

This I want to do 'properly' though. Plus, there would be a LOT more trigger arm to file off, and I would still need to put a 'flag' on the arm.

So, I've replaced the trigger sensor. Pics to follow. Unfortunately, my screen developed a couple lines in it, which sucks. Possibly due to a short I inadvertently introduced when I accidentally touched the capacitor leads to bare aluminium.

Crappy second photo, but here we go.