Thread: SMG-68 Wackiness

SMG-68 Wackiness

I have a friend who worked at a paintball field years before I met him. I played at that field allot so maybe I did met him there but do not remember. Anyway he loaned me his SMG-68. I am going to try and get it in game shape for a magfeed only game held indoors in late March. Supposedly it will be warm enough to play. The organizers said they had to discuss it but ruled the SMG-68 would count and I could use it. BTW, Canadians on the board would probably be interested in knowing the venue is an actual real life Diefenbunker.

This marker has not been fired since 1994 as I understand things. I fired it yesterday (February 1st, 2014) for the first time since. All I did was clean the threads on the ASA with a little silicone spray. My brother thought to video record it at 120 frames per second. We used a point and shoot camera that only does high frame rates at low resolutions. Still, I thought it would mildly amusing to some so I am sharing it.

The only paintball store in town is closed while waiting for a new location to be arranged. I have no options for fresh paint so I used paint that may be as old as 6 months or young as 3 months and either way not stored well. 95% of my shots exploded.

Not easy to see anything on the video as he was close to me and not tracking the balls. So it was not worth putting any real effort into it so I edited it together in a hurry. It uses templates and has the markings of a quick amateurish work, because it is a quick, amateurish work.

The video at the end was shot at a normal frame rate and higher resolution, so it is cropped to fit with the rest. If anyone wants the high res originals of the aftermath shots just ask.

http://ubuntuone.com/4vhTO49yVf6cp4xuoYmRbY

Insider
    IIRC... aren't these designed to run on siphon tanks?

Yep. They are.

I never heard that, but I believe you. Will look for one now. Ninja Paintball told me that using a SHP regulator would allow one to use HPA on it. Will probably try that.

Not sure about SHP input, or any compressed air whatsoever. The SMG and 68 Special were definitely designed to run on straight liquid CO2.

SHP regs output 1100psi. I'd imagine it would be enough.