Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What makes a pump gun, a pump gun?

I actually thought a rotory breech would be awesome for a pump.
    When you pump the handle back the movement would in turn open the breech for the ball to drop in. And when you pump the handle forward it would close the breech (think on the line of the DAM's FS round selector lever and the eye pipe rotating as the breech).

Furthermore, a MQ like system could be used to fire the maker when the breech is closed.

Since you would not anything to actually move a hammer, the pump stoke should be much much softer.

So who wants to turn a Dye DAM into a pump :P

For tournaments I can only speak of nppl 2010 season and 2011 season and nepl that the pump stroke must open the bolt and cock the gun in one action. (my exact phrasing might be off but you guys get the idea.) I believe psp has pretty much kept these rules but haven't read the rule book about it. This ruled out mq valves for a few guys that wanted to play with it. There was no rule at least not inforced about electronic triggers since they concentrated more on pump stroke.
    This comes do to some of the elitist mentality of some pump players, these are the same guys that do not think autotriggers are "true" to pump. (they forget paintball history sometimes)

If someone wanted to play with a mq valved marker when I played the nppl series it wouldn't of mattered to me and not to a lot of the other players. Most of the pump community wouldn't care but the ones that do are the ones that go and tattle. Going to stop before I take out my soap box and ranting more

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    What is you held the bolt open and just kept on pulling the trigger to have the MQ fire. I am pretty sure you will fire a paintball(just not even efficiently).
    It was answered earlier, but you missed the second part of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    As for just holding the bolt back and pulling the trigger, I've never been able to get that sort of thing to work. I had an MQ'd Karni pump for a while, and tried that out for shiggles; the paintballs didn't even come out the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    You would have to modify the bolt for this to work. With the bolt in the open position the outlet of the valve is blocked by the bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    oh right... forgot so i am ok with a MQ valve in that case as being a pump
    I don't know, fly casual

These are just the perfect requirements for a pump gun to be a pump gun. I guess..that oughtta do it.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Short. Mine are all much much shorter than any sniper..
    Mine isn't that much shorter than my sniper. It certainly could be, but I think most default to something near .7" pump stroke. It doesn't (can't) have auto trigger so I'm slower with my pump mag than my sniper...