Thread: Idea for having a "easily techable hoselss gun"

Insider

Idea for having a "easily techable hoselss gun"

So my idea was to split the frame in half vertically so you see the guts and can find leaks and such while still having it aired up. Think the new tippmann 98's but hoseless. Obviously the air passage will only be in half the frame. You could select areas to not split in half such as the the rear frame where a gun like an Ego or Geo has an LCD. Same thing could be implemented on nearly any marker that a company deems too hard to diagnose leaks if it was hoseless. Plus it would be relatively easy since you'd only need a sheet of maybe 1/4" or 6.25MM~ alum to make a plate which would simply need to be CNC routed then rounded to fit the flow of the marker. It could even be as simple as a door like on the axe foregrip. Does this sound feasible? Does it sound like it would really fix the problem? To me it does but I'm not sure what you guys think. Like I said think the new 98's but without seeing the rammer/hammer area just the solenoid and other stuff.

I think it's a great idea for the tinkering set, but the majority of players shouldn't be messing with their guns. It might make it easier for this group of players to fix guns, on the other hand it lets the masses just mess up their guns easier. As long as the gun is properly designed and working out of the factory, all players should need to do is periodic lubrication and minor maintenance.

I know multiple people who just don't mess with their guns as they have no business doing so. They are best left taking it to the shops, techs, or sending it in. Let people who know the gun fix the gun.

Also, I think a CNCed channel for air would need some unique seals which just makes things more complicated. Like any product out there, you have to design for the lowest common denominator.

Insider
    No, the main frame would have air passages, the removable plate would not. The idea of this is for manufacturers that don't want to make a hoseless gun because it's "hard to tech". This would let a tech open it up and find the leak.

I never really understood people who say macroless guns are hard to troubleshoot. The Axe is ridiculously easy to tech, and most of this can be done by removing the grip and two screws. Big woop.

Insider
    Exactly. I'm just thinking this would salve anything someone perceives as "hard" This would be like two screws or even latches possibly and you would be able to see more of the guts.

Thing is, you're adding an enormous amount of complexity to address an imaginary problem.

They'll come around eventually ( Jack)

Insider
    I figured it was simply imaginary, I figured it'd remind Jack there are ways to make a techable hoseless gun.

I think it depends on what aspects you are looking to easily tech. The Axe for instance, could be better, but is sooo damn easy to take apart and tech that I can't see the fact it's hoseless being much of an issue. There are other ways to have hoseless guns that are easy too.