Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocktech is back!

I haven't tried them but i guess these might be worth trying. Hope these are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    WTF!

Me too
    I like Inception too of course. But Shocktech has history. And Danny Love tuned guns. We need a complete maker from you next Simon. I wanna see some Inception internals.

Though apparently liking Dye is a sin around here. Oops. But I like shooting Matrices and UL frames too much.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    Glad to see that they are getting back into cockers. I have never been a fan of "Shocktech" milled on the entire side of the body, mabye a sleek version will get made. Like mentioned before this is definently becoming the year of the autococker.
    It takes awhile to grow on you. I'd liked to have a seen a version with the newer logo they came out with but they may have ditched that logo altogether. Other SFL's were cleaner without the name. I had one but there were couple other designs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    speaking of extinct companies I wish hybrid was still around

they were by far my favorite brand

hybrid traitor sft shockers are still by far my favorite markers aesthetically speaking, they just did everything right with the overall looks of that marker, even though it was a shocker it still tickled my fancy just fine, I had a gloss black to red fade hybrid sft back in the day, wish I still had it

but shocktech is cool too, really liked the milling on the shocktech dm5
    I'm mixed on Hybrid/Contract Killer. They got screwed out of the Hybrid name for sure. But when they started pushing the "F*ck Those Guys" gear it really turned me off. I thought it was a poor choice and hurt paintball's image since it happened while the brand was popular.

Hybucci SFT's are awesome though. I owned a pair of them, one was actually S/N #187 which was cool but it was worn out. The black, lasered one was sexy though. And it was A/C threaded. Cool guns and a variety of grips and mostly well styled gear from the company. Just left a bad taste for me with their message of wanna be badasses.

I can easily agree with their slogan being a turn off as it was to me as well, but I knew the caliber of gear they were capable of producing so I let most of that dumb stuff slide.

also glad the whole "we kill suckers" and "agg" thing kind of faded away into oblivion

99% of the time people say "agg" now it is satirical, so yay
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Hybrid/Contract Killer had swagger and made good looking stuff, I always liked them....

I'm SO glad to see Shocktech back up and running especially with Danny heading things up...Very good move on BBT's part to get it going again cause it's already stirred up a lot of buzz for them. Also since it seems like they are really gonna focus on cockers "for now at least" that makes me happy.
    From what I've read Danny is in with some really big machine shop, and BBT/Shocktech has contracted all the work out through the machine shop D-Love is working at...Shocktech makes it sound like this will be a huge plus for them since it's a big place with a lot of machines and once they get everything going they will really be able to pump out a lot of product. But it sounds like they are taking the 1990's approach to it and gonna let Danny do his thing with the designs & products "and hopefully Simon is involved", that method is what made Shocktech what it was back in the day.

i think with Shocktech, that a name is one thing, but having Danny Love behind the machines is totally different and gives some credence to coming back. people will know know that they aren't clearing out old stock or just carrying on the laurels of past accomplishments.

I'm curious what Danny Love did that was so great? The Bomb was a great switch and the FGP was great. The other Shocktech parts I can recall were either hype or sub-par.

He increased the throw of the Shocktech ram to make their cockers easier on paint (I assume they thought the extra momentum of the backblock would decrease LPR pressure?). This causes a host of problems... hammer slip caused by the backblock being pushed so much farther past the cocking point than needed, increased sear spring tension to keep the hammer from slipping, and ball roll-back. The rounded lugs used didn't help with the hammer slip issue either.

The RAT valves stem is very short, but it's suppose to be a low pressure valve. It's actually so short that the hammer has to hold the valve open instead of 'popping' it open just to get up to velocity. This is why Shocktech springs are sooo unbalanced with a very light valve spring and a very heavy hammer spring.

The Supafly bolt is an oringless design. That's not too bad in itself but the diameter of the delrin portion of Supafly bolts are smaller other bolts. No orings + a loose fitting bolt = blowback and less efficiency.

I always bit by tongue though because I never got to see/shoot a cocker that had been built by him. I got my hands on a unmolested Gen SFL a few months ago, supposedly the last generation ST cocker Danny Love hand built. I was surprised to find that it couldn't get up to 300fps using the ST spring without adding a LPC. I thought that was odd cause it left Shocktech that way and it supports rumors I've heard of ST cockers only being timed with air before being sold. But that wasn't a rich as what I found in the ram. I had to open the ram since it wouldn't cycle completely. I found a urethane 006 oring around the back ram shaft and in front of the bumper. That shouldn't be there, so I took it out and the ram was back to working. But then the hammer wouldn't catch. Then I realized why the oring was around the ram shaft, cause whoever built the cocker couldn't get the hammer to catch with the ST ram either, so the oring was added to shorten the throw of the ram. The oring was there to fix the problem they created with the increased throw of the Shocktech ram. I would never let him touch one of my autococker if that's how he fixes problems.
    Last edited by minimag03; 02-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.

But, and this has always bothered me with Evos, ST guns, etc, it's been almost ten years since ANY of these cockers were built. I'm sure most of these guns have been rebuilt by someone else in the time between them being assembled at the factory and now. Though that particular problem does sound like a factory mistake.

look at the guns like the Westwood cockers. that's what Danny Love milled and that's what Danny Love is remembered for. the fit and Finish on a Westwood(have a friend that bought one back in 1999 or so) is incredible. i don't think he had anything to do with production parts, other than possibly the initial designs, but remember, the Bomb 4way was a HUGE leap in short throw 4way designs. everything before it was 3 orings(the bomb had 4) which shifted between the barbs on the 4way switch, so the switch was extremely long in comparison. so with that, the speed actually increased greatly.

Pretty sure the bomb has 3 orings and the original ones had 2...could be the frigid temps tho haa

The Bomb definitely has 3 orings.

I know nothing about Danny Love and cannot comment on that however.