Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Simon: Z2 vs Prophecy basic design

The Rotor puts tension on the balls and stops when a certain level is reached.

I assumed the Z2 did something similar, but I'm not sure. Lets not get into the discussion of "true" force feeding. If a loader like the Z2 can react quick enough to a gun firing that it doesn't need to constantly put pressure on the paint, all the better. That will mean you won't get oblong balls just from sitting in your feedneck on hot days.

Yeah, I think it's just the Rotor now that keeps tension on the ball stack. Anybody have the numbers for the time it takes for the second ball in a stack to fall down into firing position? I'm wondering if electronically-controlled loaders like the Z2 and Spire react fast enough that the second ball is pushed down rather than falling and then the rest of the balls loading on top.

Simon's got some of those numbers from back when he was doing his high speed camera testing... Check his YouTube profile?

What's his YouTube channel? I couldn't find anything called "Simon Stevens" and the Inception Designs channel just has the two Pico videos.
    edit: found the link at the top of the page

Took me a bit to find it. manike99. https://www.youtube.com/user/manike99/videos

You'll have to "Load More" a few times, but he's got a couple videos posted there "Loader Feed times" being the most relevant.

Here's the one comparing a Halo V35, Reloader B2, and Magna drive:

After watching the video, I realized that it's more than likely that sound-activated loaders will start spinning as soon as the ball in the breech is fired, so there's probably a very short time when there is tension on the stack as the balls are pushed down on top of the bolt when the bolt is forward.

What camera did you guys use? Phantom?
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    After watching the video, I realized that it's more than likely that sound-activated loaders will start spinning as soon as the ball in the breech is fired, so there's probably a very short time when there is tension on the stack as the balls are pushed down on top of the bolt when the bolt is forward.
    RF Loaders start the fastest, then sound, then eye, then tension based. Pretty simple if you think about the sequence of what happens when you shoot a paintball and a loader gets a signal.

Quote Originally Posted by morolen View Post
    What camera did you guys use? Phantom?
    Fastec Trouble Shooter HR IIRC

The machine Gear uses a combo of tension and sound to start and stop feeding but I don't believe it keeps tension on the stack.