Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your choice of gear bag?

What is your choice of gear bag?

Im in the market for a new gear bag in the next several weeks. What are you guys choice in gear bags? I have an older eclipse bag now that I bought used and its pretty beat up. Ive been eying the OGIO 9600 and 9800s but not really sure what to get yet. Any help or pics of your stuff would be great.

Thanks
    John

Supports Inception Designs
    My favorite go to bag for several years now has been a JT bag like this one:

Cavernous, not too heavy (for the size), and durable- I play woodsball and I carry it from field to field, for at least five years now. The only significant damage is that the black rubber coating on the top and bottom exterior sections is peeling. It's a shame since I just don't see too many bags like that anymore.

I use a WBA for most of my travels. These are a bit heavy but are highly durable. Apart from the loosening of the stitches in the water bottle compartment, the bag is in a pretty much great condition. It has been 6 years now and still going.

Paintball Bodybag - going on 9 years

Quote Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
    same here. the only "downside" is that it's so big, you want to keep filling it with stuff. then in the end, you have this heavy ass bag at the field filled with gear. and you probably wont even use half of what you stuffed in it

at the time, I think it was only $100 bucks new. Just looked it up though, and it's gone up in price. I was about to say that for what you get, it's way cheaper than other bags out there. but with the new price, its in the same ball park as others.

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    My favorite go to bag for several years now has been a JT bag like this one:

[IMG]http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball/Harness_Gearbags/JTBackpack.jpg[/MG]

Cavernous, not too heavy (for the size), and durable- I play woodsball and I carry it from field to field, for at least five years now. The only significant damage is that the black rubber coating on the top and bottom exterior sections is peeling. It's a shame since I just don't see too many bags like that anymore.
    I've wanted one of those or a bag like it for some time. Too bad they stopped making them.

Proto_gear_bag_08.jpg

This is the bag I use and I love it. Front compartment is vented and expandable to store your stinkiest pads, rear compartment is excellent for storing tools and spare parts with a small fold down work table, and the middle compartment is huge for all the rest of your gear and has 2 padded sleeve like compartments for marker storage and loops to store your barrels. Plus there is an ID slot and lopes on all the zippers for locks or zipp ties if you travel alot and its on roller wheels. Also 2 smaller side compartments for stickers, snacks, parts, etc. Just a great well rounded bag, only complaint is the roller wheels are just a tad too small for my liking but other than that its perfect.

Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
    I always think of those as bags I would use to get to the park. While I use the JT to get from field to field within the park. For the park bag equivalent for a few years before I switched to the FN303, I used one like this:

The problem is that it's not long enough for my gun. Now, to get to the field, I use a rolling trunk from the Container Store:

It's lockable, durable, I can use it as a bench or, with a tech mat as a low table. For a sense of perspective, I'm 5'9" and it comes to my knee. The wheels also roll well over grass :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    I've wanted one of those or a bag like it for some time. Too bad they stopped making them.
    I know, Action Village or, ANS Gear started selling them off for cheap (like $29). I should've bought another.

I recently bought a big NXE luggage bag....I like it but I need to get some smaller for casual pay. Fitting it into my trunk takes WAY too much work.