Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Trade - Lost Gun Advice

Gun Trade - Lost Gun Advice

So I'm in a bind...

Traded my Freeflow Eblade to a guy in Cali for his Eclipse Geo 2.0. He got his gun (verified by USPS). He shipped mine out a day or so later. However the USPS says that they have no record of it ever being picked up (even though we have an email from their system saying it was). I submitted a claim for the insurance, but was originally denied b/c they say they can't verify the method of shipping. I've appealed that decision with some PDF paperwork from the shipper, but haven't heard anything back yet.

So my question is this - if they deny the claim, what recourse do I have with the shipper? In his eyes, the gun left his possession, but according to the USPS, it never was picked up. He's already modified the gun (think he halfblocked it) so it's not like I can ask for the gun back.

If the USPS denies the appeal, am I pretty much screwed out of a gun? Can I go to the shipper and get some sort of financial compensation for the lost article?

Thoughts?

It should show that the package was scanned as received. Are you sure he did not just print a label and throw it in the trash? Post the tracking # and I can ask my post master, I have a great working relationship with her.

Tracking # says that it was only generated, but we have an email from their system that says it was picked up.

Email was to other guy.

It was a package pickup confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss33 View Post
    It should show that the package was scanned as received. Are you sure he did not just print a label and throw it in the trash? Post the tracking # and I can ask my post master, I have a great working relationship with her.
    http://www.nickpapandria.com/stuff/PDF1_redacted.pdf

http://www.nickpapandria.com/stuff/PDF2_redacted.pdf

Tracking number & insurance purchase, USPS pickup confirmation email.

Still - according to USPS website, never picked up.

Those documents you posted have numbers in them, I would call the USPS and ask if they believe the numbers to be fraudulent or not, and if not, what they are. If they admit they are legitimate, then your case for insurance should be straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Those documents you posted have numbers in them, I would call the USPS and ask if they believe the numbers to be fraudulent or not, and if not, what they are. If they admit they are legitimate, then your case for insurance should be straight forward.
    One would think. They've had these numbers already, and denied the claim the first time. Said they couldn't verify method of shipping.

Sounds like a mess up on the USPS system if it is showing two things with the delivery from their website to the email which the person received.

Have them check their system to see if an email was sent out from them or if it was fabricated as a way to say he did his end of the job.

Would assume that most people would wait to mod a marker until the other party received said item and was happy with it.

Any way of checking it to the traders past interactions? Not sure what forum it was deal through but this just sounds like one of the shittiest things to deal with.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

According to the tracking # the package was never scanned and recieved by US Mail. Just that he printed out a label. Your claim is with the sender.