Thread: Mechanically-seared, fully pneumatic, balanced poppet... STBB concept

Mechanically-seared, fully pneumatic, balanced poppet... STBB concept

So I got bored the other day and sketched up a lower internal that could be used on pretty much any STBB.

Working from left to right:
    DARK BLUE - basically like a gen4 timmy rocket cap. There is a spring (not shown) housed in there. (Aluminum)
    YELLOW - air tube. I called it a "straw" and basically it is an off-the-shelf microtube. These are very cheap from online sources. (Stainless)
    GREEN - this is an almost balanced poppet. It would look like a gen4 Lurker control freak poppet. It needs some loose clearance around the straw. (Brass)
    RED - Bumper
    LIGHT BLUE - Hammer. Basically the same as most others with 1 additional seal around the straw. (Aluminum)
    ORANGE - Back cap. Nothing special here... It captures the other end of the straw, but is loose so the straw can be cut to length. It also has a QEV slot in it to help purge a little pressure from the inner chamber to make it easier to reset. (Aluminum)

It creates a full-time forward bias just like a spring and with pneumatics it wouldn't require much area to get enough force to make it work. The valve would have a few holes in the vent section of the stem to provide resetting force to the poppet (efficiency) and the rest to the hammer for reset like normal. The holes also serve as the purge (that the gen4 timmys needed).

I was thinking about trying to make one for my spyder, but I hate stacked tube guns in general. I'd suggest this for an azodin.

If anybody makes one of these and wants help along the way, let me know...

Use this freely, but please give credit where credit is due.

(BTW, I am retiring my blueshifty account.)
    Last edited by ironyusa; 02-26-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Forgot to mention, obviously nothing here is scaled.

be easy to make this inline if the ST part is what you dont like about it. tippman style!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

True, thought the valve implementation would have to be a bit different.