Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil M: Machining & Cads

Evil M: Machining & Cads

Hi All,

I have an evil M body blank here, along with 99% of the other parts required to complete the build.

The downside is I cannot for the life of me, find someone willing to design/machine the body.

If any designer/machinist types have some time in their incredibly busy schedules for the project, please let me know.

I know I am not alone in my quest to finish one of these projects.

Thanks

The problem is the huge amount of time it takes to design and machine (cnc) a one off body. If you can line up 10+ bodies for identical machining you might have better luck finding a shop/person that will talk to you as the setup cost can be somewhat amortized.

Yeah, I'm completely aware of that factor.

I know its not going to be easy, but it would have to be that one person that wouldn't mind doing my body, then using that design to offer the service to other people.

All I can do is try and find that person I suppose.

Supports Inception Designs
    I can try to find some time to CAD it up depending on the complexity of what you want to do. No access to mills or anything so I couldn't machine it.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Hey Skibbo,

Its a relatively complex design. However, I have an individual who can machine the body for me if I can supply the cads. He can do the cad work, but it seems like he'd prefer not to due to time constraints.

My email is mjbrooks85@gmail.com if you want to shoot me an email to discuss pricing and shipping my body blank to you for measurements.

Thanks,
    Mason

Spittlebug has bluprints of the Evil M bodies he posted on PBN. It is what I used when I did my Evil M Cads.

http://nickguyver.com/free/Evil_M_Rev.0.zip

I had heard that those were not 100% accurate by someone.

Anyone that could lend a hand with the CNC machining if Skibbo can do the cad work?

How many?

I bet you could get cliff to do the machining, if his mill is back up..