Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo Too Internals in a pico

Halo Too Internals in a pico

Hey guys I am in the process of making a pico but all I have are halo too internals. Would a sound activated board be good for a pump? Or would I be better off with halo internals that uses the eye?

I've used my B2 (same board) with my pump before. You should be good to go.

Insider
    I use the Reloader B sound board in my Pico on my pump. It feeds very consistently.

I love the sound activated boards for pumps, but I am not a fan of the Halo Too internals for being gentle on the paint.

If you use the guts from a Halo too I really recommend finding one of the S4 or Magna clutch kits for the drive system (with the magna set don't use the clutch, use the direct drive parts).

Silly fact of the day, S4 was supposed to be my brand and stands for Simon Stevens Signature Series until one of the lawyers at NPS decided to register it to NPS...

I'm using a halo too board with the old drive system and it works fricken amazing...

I ordered the clutch upgrade kit
    Can't wait to print the second shell

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I love the sound activated boards for pumps, but I am not a fan of the Halo Too internals for being gentle on the paint.

If you use the guts from a Halo too I really recommend finding one of the S4 or Magna clutch kits for the drive system (with the magna set don't use the clutch, use the direct drive parts).
    Saw this thread, so I purchased the 'Empire Magna Drive Loader Upgrade' from PBO (AMAZING low price by the way!)

What do you mean "with the magna set don't use the clutch, use the direct drive parts" ?

There is a part in that kit that makes the drive system work without the clutch.

It's top right in this image

Use that instead of the one below it and you will have the direct drive with spring. Perfect for this kind of hopper.

Excellent.

Would the 'Halo S4 Drive Cone Kit' do the same trick?

od-s4-drv-2.jpg
    Last edited by Atomicvole; 03-13-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add visual of picture

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicvole View Post
    Excellent.

Would the 'Halo S4 Drive Cone Kit' do the same trick?

od-s4-drv-2.jpg
    Yes. That's the one I recommend.