Thread: I AXE Some Qwestions

Smile I AXE Some Qwestions

Ok I picked up a really nice shape but broken/non working Axe for almost free (yep , Craigslist).

So I watched a youtube about resetting the solenoid, did that, BAM it works great now !

If this is reoccurring does it mean the solenoid is bad ?

I'm not much of a tinkerer, if it works why break it, is my motto.

So this has a Shockwave board, yeah I'm scared of boards so whatever its set at.....it is what it is (unless I take it to the pro shop for adjustment).

And theres a Boss2 bolt not installed . Whats that all about ?

I did notice the gun has considerable recoil, but then my other gun is an LV1.

Anyway it seems like that this is a designated loaner and backup gun, its a keeper.

I do have to say the Mini scared me it had so many parts and so much going on but this gun seems very simple, I like it.

I like the nano feedneck too.

So the Boss bolt, and any advice you guys can offer.....

Videos showing what to do seem to suit me best.

endeavor to persevere.......

Just FYI - the Mini and Axe are functionally identical. I believe the Axe has more parts technically

Should be able to drop the boss bolt in and lower pressures and your back cap till you hit velocity. There's a fair number of threads with settings on PBN.

Honestly, it could need a tune. My Mini is pretty smooth all stock.

Played a couple games and it quit firing again.
    Emailed paintball solutions requesting a solenoid.

For the Boss Bolt.

Recommended setting for efficiency

Small rear o-ring
    Dwell 3 Milliseconds
    170 PSI
    Short Spring
    Velocity adjuster 1 turn out
    Use your regulator to increase or decrease you velocity.

Recommended settings for soft shot and very fragile paint

Fragile paint o-ring (large rear)
    Dwell 9.5 Milliseconds
    140 PSI
    Long Spring
    Velocity adjuster 1.5 turns out
    Use your regulator to increase or decrease you velocity.

There are things that you can experiment with in between these setting. But as a general rule, if you go up a size in spring, increase your dwell .5 ms. And reverse if you run a shorter spring, drop the dwell .5 ms for every size you go down.

If you are getting "blowback". Check to make sure your bolt guide o-ring are in good shape, when in doubt change them. If you are still getting "blowback" try the fragile paint settings.

Well I guess the stock bolt will stay on it.

Too complicated for me, no idea how to adjust that.

Guess thats why a lot of people buy the Redline.

April 10th before Kee gets any more solenoids in........

It's really nice the shockwave boards, very easy to adjust settings and such.

Dwell wise:
    Turn on marker with trigger held down, you will see much of different colors light up, led will now be red, cycle the trigger 2 more times until you see the amber color this is your dwell setting.

Your stock dwell setting is 8ms (11 flashes)

Hold down the trigger and the amber light will disappear it will flash a certain amount of times to indicate your dwell setting.

There is a chart on paintball solution under shockwave board instructions that will help ya.

But basic tuning I do to the Axe with stock everything is to reset board, set pressure to 180 psi, turn the back cap all the way in, turn out back cap at 1/8th turn increments until the velocity is maxed out and starts to go down, turn the back cap 1/8th turn in, set velocity through regulator, mow people in the face.

Allan is functionally illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Its like women and cars... Turn the key and hope it works
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Allan is functionally illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Its like women and cars... Turn the key and hope it works
    i thought it was "hit it with a hammer till it works better?"...

Question Inception Designs FLE Axe Body ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Unfortunately its true.

But isnt that the pot calling the kettle black Doug ? lol (the hammer thing is actually... I was a carpenter for 15 years)

I can fix my mech mags, and all others go to the local pro shop (right now and Axe and an LV1).

Actually I did pick up a brand new but "broken" dust black Axe that was leaking.

The solenoid to body o ring was out of place, and I fixed that.

Need to sell the grey/silver Axe so I can get one of the Krytonite bodies.

Ok so now I'm looking on the Hustle paintball site and they have an Inception Designs FLE Axe Body ?

Its $50 more than the Krytonite body.

Since they have no pictures of any of the Inception Designs bodies can someone tell me what an FLE Axe body is ?

A picture would be nice !

yup, i can fix anyone's guns but my own. i just keep buying guns that work, till they stop, then go back to the pieces and cobble together something else that works. wash, rinse and repeat. that's my motto.