Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who works night shift? Are there any night owls on here?

the good of midnights:
    less people to deal with
    more freedom at the job
    you don't get glare off the moon
    when you walk into a Wawa at 7am and you see all the people drudging off to work, it picks you up as you are done work and these people are just going to work

the bad of working midnights:
    sleep problems if you can not adjust
    working holidays
    working weekends
    working when people are going out having fun
    working when friends have off and enjoying life
    missing sleep with your significant other in bed
    passing your significant other during the day(you are home, she's at work, she's asleep your at work)
    nothing on TV at 4am in the morning
    sleeping during the day while other normal businesses are open but closed when you are up.

its a significant adjustment to your mental and physical well being. for me, having to adjust sleep to my work week. sleeping one week during the day, then snapping back into sleeping at night, then the next having to go to bed by 9pm. it puts a serious strain when you do get insomnia.

but it does give me the freedom to do what i want, i can almost afford to do whatever i want. don't know how many countless firework displays as i've been working on July 4th(seen about 8 different town's displays from my bridge).

my job of being a toll collector/bridge attendant is easy, but its the adjustment to the job which everyone doesn't consider.

I work 3rd shift at a Hospital I love it.
    My insomnia makes flipping to a day walker really easy.....only real downside is when you have to sleep or rest, regular day walkers just assume you can "take a nap" and be good to go.
    Sometimes shift diff. just isn't worth it ha ha. But the job is so much more interesting at night.

Before I got sick I work shift work that was random. I could just as easily start at 5:00am as get off at 5:00am. The change could be from one day to the next. I did allot of night shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFiend View Post
    I work 3rd shift at a Hospital I love it.
    My insomnia makes flipping to a day walker really easy.....only real downside is when you have to sleep or rest, regular day walkers just assume you can "take a nap" and be good to go.
    Sometimes shift diff. just isn't worth it ha ha. But the job is so much more interesting at night.
    LOL My wife and I need this conversation often. She wakes me up at 9am on a saturday to do something with her. Then by noon she wants to know why Im Ill. LOL My reply is, let me wake YOU up at 2am to go to the mall and watch me shop all day and at 5 am I will ask you why your Ill...... They just never learn.

I'm about to start a new job with the promised hours being 8pm-12am eastern Monday to Friday

8pm to midnight? That's an easy four hours. You'll do fine!

Leave at 1st get home any time from 1-5 all depending on the work load

Do you carry a weapon ?

Safety at a job secluded like that would be a concern.

Of course here in Florida like 1.4 million of the 20 million have concealed weapon permits.

That's a statistic that should be posted everywhere on billboards.

Criminals tend to be somewhat stupid.

endeavor to persevere.......

Or maybe 1.4 million criminals own weapons and have permits for them so they will not be taken away before they can use them.

I have 20 people that work for me. Man, where do they find some of these people at? LOL