Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who works night shift? Are there any night owls on here?

Who works night shift? Are there any night owls on here?

How many do we have that work night shift? I work from 4pm-3 am eastern time. Its weird hours, but somebody has to do it.

i work shift work, rotating shifts. when i am on the schedule, i will work 3pm-11pm, 4 days on, 4 days off for all work weeks; next week 7am-3pm, then 11pm-7am. after all that, back again.

the one thing that i will say is that my job does give me the flexibility and freedom to bring in stuff to work on, like my paintball guns or other people's guns to work on. so i can't complain too much. how many jobs let you do that?

I work 5:45pm to 5:55am on a two week schedule. so it gives me 3 nights one week & 4 the other. worst part is having to work every other weekend!
    Weapons of choice: a Sniper & Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!

Insider
    I work 8-5 EST, I just have serious pathological issues with sleep.

PSA to night shift workers: supplement melatonin

I work form home without any sort of set schedule unless I am doing customer training. When I did work nights in a prior life it seemed like I was able to function on much less sleep though my social life did suffer having to do to work at 9 pm each night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I work 8-5 EST, I just have serious pathological issues with sleep.
    You too eh? I can't even look at bed usually until 1am.

I work days, but am usually up like 3 hours past when I should be asleep. Yayyy....

plus waking up at 0430 = no bueno.

I used to work graveyard years ago for the Highway Dept. Once I got my body used to sleeping during the day I loved it. I developed sleping issues when I switched to day shift though. I still battle insomnia.

I used to work the nightshift at Land Rover and loved it. I would run 3-4 CAD/CAM computers at a time and play loud rock music all night

I've had issues with insomnia too, but lately I am so exhausted falling asleep hasn't been so much of an issue.

Lol, I feel you. Not enough hours.