Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cocker valve dimensions tracker...

Cocker valve dimensions tracker...

I wanted to start this so we can look at the dimensions of as many cocker valves as possible.

If you have a cocker valve, be it stock or aftermarket and a decent set of calipers, please take some measurements for me.

So far I have here and have measured.

Stock valve. 0.565" at widest point, is a little out of round 0.563" at smallest.

AKA Tornado valve is 0.575-0.576"

CCM valves X 2 (beautifully made) 0.560"

For 11/16th valves

AKA

.687-.688

.6875-0.689

I'll pull MQ2 dimensions of both standard and 11/16 valves when I get home.

One of my MQ1s is a .557"
    I don't know, fly casual

MQ2 is the same.

11/16 valve is .686"

Insider
    Whoever did this print lists .558

ogrestrength.com/autococker.dwg

I just spent the afternoon doing some more research into the AKA valve situation.

My hunch was correct. Earlier WGP bodies have a LARGER valve chamber bore than the later gun bodies.

I have NO idea when it changed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened around when K2 bought WGP. We would need to get more bodies to research that and find out.

I got my hands on an early right feed gun body serial number 68024 and guess what... the valve chamber dimension is 0.583"! That's 0.014" different which is HUGE!

Looks to me like AKA made their valves fit the earlier gun bodies, and then WGP tightened up their bore making all of the AKA valves incompatible from then on.

I do not know why the earlier WGP bodies were larger, as the later WGP bodies have dimensions that make more sense for the threads etc. part of me suspects the K2 engineers "corrected" the WGP dimensions once they took over production. Although with that said, I believe the bodies I am working from were still made under the old WGP hmmm. From a conversation I had with Sonny Lopez he led me to believe they were made at WGP when he was there.

Does anyone know exactly when the WGP unibodies were first released?

Any body with a collection of gun bodies and pin gauges want to help measure and work out when WGP made the change?

I have many different generation of cockers. I will measure the valve pocket with my dial bore gage. Probably won't be able to get to it untill this next weekend.