Thread: I 3D printed myself a pico..

I 3D printed myself a pico..

I used a makerbot replicator 2
    Standard quality
    .1mm layer height

It took 11hrs to print the left shell because it was printed concave down. There was a lot of support material.

The right shell was printed concave up and it took 9 and a half hours to print. The outside doesn't look as pretty as the left side but the inside was clean and it used way less support material. I would print the shell in that orientation if I were to do it again.

The battery door was/is a pain. I printed it three times and this is my best usable one.

I printed a rip wheel on the standard settings and since I had time to test the machine I printed two more rip wheels, both on high quality, and one has a .05mm layer height and the other has a .01mm layer height. I have the .05 on my hopper right now. I left when the printer was still working on the .01 rip wheel.

I'm using Halo Too internals with the magna drive clutch upgrade kit. I'm using the direct drive spring setup.

I also have an exalt speed feed with a check it aluminum ring.

I used it all day yesterday playing speedball and it worked amazing. I had a couple blank shots but then I switched to the direct drive spring setup and it fed perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Glad to see people are picking up the ball and running with this open source stuff
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

I'm thinking of printing these sometime, I dig that color, where'd you get that filament?

Someone needs to come out with a good blue PLA

What were your settings and where did that filament come from? It looks great btw. The hex holes are nice and crisp. For those who are curious, I don't recommend the filament from matter hackers. I've had nothing but issues with it.

Insider
    Nice job! (Previous comment was for another thread)
    Last edited by Lurker27; 03-13-2014 at 03:44 AM.