Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP Dallas

Effects of Empire's All In sponsorship deal, I'd assume. It's unfortunate - I shot my Stella for the first time yesterday, and I can say it was noticeably better than my Freak, even in crap conditions (very cold and windy) with ancient paint.

Sadly, I wasn't able to catch Simon OR Ross. Ross was always on the field (a good thing for his teams) when I went by the booth and I never spotted the 6'5" dude in an inception shirt.

I'm always happy to pay for this quality of coverage, and SUPER STOKED that the feed now works natively in Chrome on Android for the first time (=watching in bed)

The only issue really has been the timing. They've advertised it as free the whole time and then change their minds at the last possible minute. It was so sudden that you wonder what sort of management shenanigans are going on behind the scenes.

That said, my goodness, they need to change the scoreboard overlay design. It's like it's been designed for 14 inch CRTs or something. Given that 99% + of viewers will be watching on a widescreen highdef there's no need to worry about title safe regions, 4:3 compatibility or so on. The only issue is making it readable for freecast viewers at low res. At present it's blocking the doritos half the time...

Occurs that a smartTV app would be a great idea.
    Last edited by vijil; 03-17-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

I was surprised once I found out about Sunday not being free and would have tried to curb the blowback of it via the PSP Facebook page if I had known far enough in advance. Sadly there was a lot of vocalizing about it then being a paid service without much notice for the finals.

I think much more viewers would have done the full event HD if they had known.

I didn't bother watching Sunday since I was only viewing from a coffee shop since wasting phone data wasn't worth it.

If I had been at or hosted a viewing party it certainly would be the full HD version.

My only issues with the paid vs free convo is that there tends to be endless ads and if I did an actual clocked running time of each I would assume that it would be very surprising to how much of the time is ad content.

If there was a paid version with a bit fewer ads I'm sure there would be more purchases of it. Even if it wasn't the addition of HD just less of the same ads being looped.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Sadly, I wasn't able to catch Simon OR Ross. Ross was always on the field (a good thing for his teams) when I went by the booth and I never spotted the 6'5" dude in an inception shirt.
    Yeah, very busy weekend for me. Sorry I missed you.

Yeah, it was an insanely busy (and cold) weekend for me too, sorry we didn't get to meet. Was working my butt off with Vicious. Wish we had won, but second place is their best result so far, so nothing to be too upset about.

The work the PSP puts into the webcast makes it easy for me to justify paying the money for it. I told my wife who was watching from home the same thing. I would pay for it, other than the fact I will be at every PSP event...

If they do another PSP in Dallas next year I'll try again.

Insider
    You didn't try and find me then :-(

I didn't know you were there. I'd have love to meet you as well! I suck at PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    You didn't try and find me then :-(
    I spoke with you a couple of times. Then I realized, you may not have even known who I was. lol