Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Tips! -Stella Tip Designs-

FYI its the same threads as Tippmann a5/x7, found that out when getting a list of taps together for another cool project...

That is great. I want to take one and attach a hose to it, cool it around a barrel, possibly add lights. When people ask me about it I will tell them it makes the balls go further, or straighter or some such. See who believes me.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    That is great. I want to take one and attach a hose to it, cool it around a barrel, possibly add lights. When people ask me about it I will tell them it makes the balls go further, or straighter or some such. See who believes me.
    I'm thinking about a 7/8-20 female thread to 15/16-20 female thread adapter, continue the barrels on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Flux capacitor barrel.

Do it.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Need to do a railgun barrel...

Several barrels that attach to each other for a super long barrel. Then tap the barrel at several points where you can add ports for HPA tank air. As the ball is fired, it moves down the barrel, and once it passes the next port, that tank releases gas to further propel the ball.

That sup...errrr raincover as you call it in the states. I nearly sent skibbo a PM with my idea for a stella front raincover, thinking "jeez I can't possibly be the first one to think about this".

I've yet to own a stella barrel kit (bunching up my purchases together to save on international delivery fees), but from my understanding it's got stupidly good water repellant properties thanks to the porting on the front. Think we can make it even more waterproof?

My idea would be to mount the raincover onto the stella front, with most of it covering the ports and ~2" protuding with a 0.700 bore to make a total of 16". In my opinion this would be preferable to mounting it onto the stella back or as an extension to the front. In both cases a printed plastic barrelwill probably affect the performance of the barrel kit, not to mention mounting on the front as an extension will increase barrel length to 18" (at least). I'm not sure if 2" over the muzzle will be enough to trap and slow the expansion though

Raincover could come in 2 pieces, a functional front that's printed with baffles and a rear piece to screw on and provide 2nd point of support. Makes it easy to clean if you get too much pain...I mean water inside. Chuck into dishwasher and let it dry out, the middle is hollow anyways to let the barrel thread in (kind of like a free floating barrel except it threads onto the raincover at the tip).

What about the porting would make the Stella barrel more water repellant?

The fillets mean it can be printed front to the print bed and the supports shouldn't sag.
    Destroyer of Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    What about the porting would make the Stella barrel more water repellant?
    Best let someone who owns the barrel or Simon to answer that.

@bunker_o_matic: Nice! Would it be possible to extend the bit in front of the threading by 2", see what it looks like?

Right....please forgive me for the doodle, I'm working from my tablet using autodesk sketchbook. This is a rough representation of what's in my head.

I've not included baffle design or supports...my hand is too wobbly to draw that.

It comes in 3 pieces:

1. The barrel extension is swiss cheesed rather than ported, and of a large enough bore the balls shouldn't come into contact with it. Threads directly onto the muzzle, and has muzzle threads of ot's own.

2. The chasis comes with baffles/extensions built into it, and threads onto the barrel extension and the conical back.

3. The conical back is just for support and looks.

Wondering whether it's worth making the barrel extension out of aluminium rather than printed? Or am I complicating things?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Megatron; 11-03-2014 at 05:14 PM.