Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pump hopper

New pump hopper

so lately iv'e been thinking that their has to be a better pump hopper than whats already out.I just want to hear simple ideas such as the design aspect ...such as low profile or better feeding rates all the way down to the manufacturing process like using a mold or maybe even 3d printing it.anyways I just wanna hear your guys ideas!

If you've been thinking about it, what are your thoughts?

Anything is possible if you have the time and $$$

mini revvy.

force feed is serious overkill.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Mini Revy is too tall (measure the height of the servo and paddle system and compare that to the motor and drive in a forcefeed loader), and requires space around the drive for balls to be able to move and to work well so it has to be bigger for the same capacity.

Force feed is perfect to ensure reliable play with a pump. Or simply reliable play.

There are many circumstances when a gravity loader simply isn't good enough for pump play. When the gun is angled, or when shooting and running.

If you are going to make the perfect pump hopper I have no doubt it should be forcefeed. It should also be as small as possible and dedicated to pump play, but then you are potentially talking hundreds of thousands of dollars and no reality of making the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    mini revvy.
    force feed is serious overkill.
    but u can just cut off the front of the revvy to make a mini revvy

Yes you can cut of the front of the revi and make it smaller to its side profile...its not helping much and to me its pointless to do i was thinking something like a 50 or 100 round loader whitch is very light and low profile ...maybe a sports shot modded like a revi. That would be my perfect pump hopper.

If you cut of the tip of the revi you are only taking away from its side profile which is very pointless to me .So if i was to mod a revi or any other hopper i would make the top profile or front profile smaller. i hope this is what you mean by modded revi photo-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Mini Revy is too tall (measure the height of the servo and paddle system and compare that to the motor and drive in a forcefeed loader), and requires space around the drive for balls to be able to move and to work well so it has to be bigger for the same capacity.

Force feed is perfect to ensure reliable play with a pump. Or simply reliable play.

There are many circumstances when a gravity loader simply isn't good enough for pump play. When the gun is angled, or when shooting and running.

If you are going to make the perfect pump hopper I have no doubt it should be forcefeed. It should also be as small as possible and dedicated to pump play, but then you are potentially talking hundreds of thousands of dollars and no reality of making the money back.
    like Simon said i was thinking something like a sports hot but with revi parts...i understand its not that simple but i thought that that would be my ideal hopper due to the fact that your using a pump already and putting your self at a disadvantage to begin with so you cant afford to have an empty shot so i think a force fed is a must

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for my illiterate typing

Where can I pic up revi internals for cheap? I could model and 3d print something. I am in need of a pump hopper.