Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nope...noooopppppeeeee...NOPE!

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I simply couldn't do it. I love the rush of heights but my legs go to jelly once I get more than 6 feet up. It made my heart go just watching it!
    So you're always nervous?
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Did anyone else look away a few times during the video?

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    So you're always nervous?
    Lol, My feet need to be the 6' up and I still need to be correctly orientated with my head above my feet, just to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
    Did anyone else look away a few times during the video?
    I did find some of it hard to watch.

I cant climb a 30' ladder to hang Xmas lights without every limb on my body shaking like crazy... that's nuts! And to think people were working at that height to build the place!

Styg

Ive watched a few like that and there were a few times I knew if I was up there theyd have to bring up firemen to stop me from hugging something for safety... at the end when he stood on the top of the crane...
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Exclamation

The whole point of it is ....

well, there is no point.

endeavor to persevere.......

I think this was the first video to make my legs go wobbly. Worse then when we worked on a 26 story building for inspections and you stood near the edge.

I choose not to do that.

:-)

Styg: That is what I was thinking.

This is no where near as impressive, not trying to say it is, but on the topic of "Someone works there" I have a video of a man whose job I cannot do. He is repair surveillance cameras in the CN Tower on the Observation Deck. Nowhere near the top, but still, this guy is so casual about working at 342m above the ground. That wire mesh is just a mesh, as in holes, as in the outdoors getting through.
    http://ubuntuone.com/6P1DPJgeuKOxucswgNeyUk

Think it an xvid or something.

You get used to working in those conditions for the most part pretty quick with frequent exposure. It's when the wind really picks up and the ride gets bumpy when you really start to pucker. No amount of netting or fall arrest can instill confidence in those situations. lol

I get a real chuckle when we occasionally get the guy on the job who doesn't handle heights very well and won't get with 5 feet of the edge of the roof.