Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe - Aluminum grade

Axe - Aluminum grade

What grade of aluminum is used on the Axes? I was told it was the same as the old shockers, which did not anodize well. I am contemplating picking up an Axe to do some machining on.

Who ever told you that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. They are 6061 just like most paintball guns. They anodize as well as any other paintball gun.

Thanks for the quick reply, I figured it was 6061. A guy on the nation screwed up anodizing an Axe, and blamed it on the poor aluminum quality. Glad to see you got this forum back up and going again.

If you could link me to that thread on PBN, I would appreciate it.

Wayne
    "Somebody's gonna git their butt whooped"

-Bill Engvall

The problem with the 'work' and the 'problems' that result from it on PBN is that most of the kids dont want to spend more than $3 to get a gun annoed. So more than likely, they sent it to some hack in a garage who bought a Caswell anno set up after watching a Youtube video on "How to Anodize like a pro" so some shit like that.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Yeah, doing anno is not a easy task to do extremely well. I am finding that out the hard way.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3820478

Post number 7.

I tried posting this from my phone earlier, and it told me it had to submit the post for moderator approval. Very strange.