Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Axe - Aluminum grade

Those GTs look REALLY nice... Better than a Luxe IMO.

GT is one of the best guns I have ever owned, and I have owned alot of guns since 1993. On a side note, What glue/ loctite does Kee use on the Axe feednecks, as it is some overkill suff.

It's a form of space filler so they can have the feednecks fixed in location so they line up but not have to torque down the threads which causes feednecks to break.

It was worse on the older guns as compared to the new ones.

edit: wow, I'm slow on the uptake. Didn't realize how much attention this thread had gotten.

Anyway, does the filler come off with heat like loctite/any suggestions for removal?

a sledge hammer and a cranium drill. you can only have Henry Rollins remove it when he is wearing a lab coat.

A little application of heat and force should be fine to get them off. Sometimes you ruin the old one if not careful. If the threads break off it's easy to get them out by just prying the left over ring in towards the centre of the feedneck with a small screw driver. It will crack out easily. Then you can clean up the thread sealant with a pick and put the new feedneck on.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    a sledge hammer and a cranium drill. You can only have henry rollins remove it when he is wearing a lab coat.
    :d lol

Thanks fir the tip simon I was able to get mine off with a torch. Tried talking sweet to it but she wouldn't budge. Simon I noticed the new Dark Axe's have the nano feednecks on it, is empire releasing them again?

Nope. I suspect that was stock they already had.

Simon, the Vapor uses 6065 instead of 6061, besides different anodizing qualities and a little bit of hardness, you see any future with that grade of aluminum as opposed to 6061?