Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPTO site

Wayne
    Got the number that expired renewed and found the energy last night to set up my account. I started another class so we'll see how things shake out, but I'm hoping to join the ranks of the patent pending membership this week.

Are you filing a provisional or a full application?

Hoping to be joining the ranks in the not too distant future once I start my new job and can afford some filing fees.

Wayne
    Provisional. I could file a full one, but I don't have the time to devote to writing it up. I will be done with school before next summer though, and will use the time after to do it if needed. I just want to have it filed so I can see if anyone is interested in licensing/purchasing the design.

Plan A is to license.
    Plan B is kickstarter or other sources of funding to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
    Got the number that expired renewed and found the energy last night to set up my account. I started another class so we'll see how things shake out, but I'm hoping to join the ranks of the patent pending membership this week.
    I remember the feeling myself. Quite an experience. Even better the day you get grant. I ran around my house, ahem *skipping* ahem, and actually smacked my head on a low doorway and put myself on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    Are you filing a provisional or a full application?

Hoping to be joining the ranks in the not too distant future once I start my new job and can afford some filing fees.
    Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
    Provisional. I could file a full one, but I don't have the time to devote to writing it up. I will be done with school before next summer though, and will use the time after to do it if needed. I just want to have it filed so I can see if anyone is interested in licensing/purchasing the design.

Plan A is to license.
    Plan B is kickstarter or other sources of funding to do it myself.
    Best of luck. Remember, the further along you are with the product the more you can get when you license it, and the easier it will be to license it.

I've thought a lot about the kick starter process. It seems to be quite interesting, but then judging by how pre-orders tend to go on most paintball projects it seems like it might be more stress than it's worth.

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I remember the feeling myself. Quite an experience. Even better the day you get grant. I ran around my house, ahem *skipping* ahem, and actually smacked my head on a low doorway and put myself on the floor.
    I did the same thing when I found out I had been the one picked for the internship I had applied for at my first 'real' job. 1 of 7 applicants and 6 months later I had finished my AAS and was a drafter full time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Best of luck. Remember, the further along you are with the product the more you can get when you license it, and the easier it will be to license it.

I've thought a lot about the kick starter process. It seems to be quite interesting, but then judging by how pre-orders tend to go on most paintball projects it seems like it might be more stress than it's worth.
    Thanks. I don't know if this is proper, but since you said you aren't allowed much input in the first place, what the heck. Let's just say that it is advanced enough that you could take it to the field of your choice if you so wanted. I'm calling KEE first since they seem rounded enough to take my product to the fullest extent. I have a testing video, but it's been too hot recently to get an in-game video of it doing its thing. If the clouds would just show up over a weekend, that might change.

Kickstarter has shown massive potential, but I agree, paintball projects are a tough sell there. It would need a pretty large PR effort on places like MCB, PBN, and TPB. This place is the apex of PB as far as I'm concerned. Financial support wouldn't be what I would use Simonized for, but for peer review, and moral support, the probably are few better places if any.
    Last edited by desertT1; 07-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.