Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my pocket lotus

Supports Inception Designs
    Did fitting the 2zz-ge engine require any fabrication or was it a drop in replacement?

This was my MR2. I loved that car... roof off blasting around the English country roads was just amazing fun.

Unfortunately this is the largest photo I can find of it. This is from the VERY EARLY days of digital camera's. lol

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    Did fitting the 2zz-ge engine require any fabrication or was it a drop in replacement?
    its a pretty much drop in replacement. there is slightly different engine mounts, an adapter header, and a wiring harness adapter, but otherwise it drops right in.

simon, one learns "don't lift" in a new way driving one of these daily in the winter. don't lift ... don't ever fucking lift.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    simon, one learns "don't lift" in a new way driving one of these daily in the winter. don't lift ... don't ever fucking lift.
    Very true.

My spin was early on the way to work and so I probably wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been, and I was driving quick as usual (started shift at 6 am). I don't recall what initiated it, but when it went, it was so fast that it was impossible to stop.

I ended up driving it backwards along a wall about 2 feet to the side of me for maybe 30-40 yards. That was scary in itself. I fixed the damaged fender and busted light and promptly sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Very true.

My spin was early on the way to work and so I probably wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been, and I was driving quick as usual (started shift at 6 am). I don't recall what initiated it, but when it went, it was so fast that it was impossible to stop.

I ended up driving it backwards along a wall about 2 feet to the side of me for maybe 30-40 yards. That was scary in itself. I fixed the damaged fender and busted light and promptly sold it.
    you probably lifted. i won't lie, i put this thing in a ditch about 2 weeks after i bought it. thankfully it was nice and soft and full of snow. it happens, it was a cheap lesson in never ever, ever ever, lift. stay on it!
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Yep without a doubt. It makes sense as I was coming into a small village and the central reservation/curb is what damaged my fender as I took out the bollard there

The corvette is similar in that with traction control off you have to be careful about lifting or it will bite you, but nothing I have driven was as bad as the MR2 for doing it without any warning and so easily.

You were lucky with how it happened to you.

FRs tend to be more forgiving. i know compared to my 951, which was my first rwd car, this mr2 is a whole nother league of tricky to drive. the gen 2s, esp the early ones, were said to be even more tricky.

but when you nail it in an MR car ... oh man, its so right.

The intake sound behind your head was always one of the things I loved about mine. Same thing with the Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The intake sound behind your head was always one of the things I loved about mine. Same thing with the Lotus.
    the sound is ok, but my porsche sounds way way way way way way better so ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLMxM5HDAg