Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Future of CAD/CAM/Manufacturing?

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ubooze View Post
    The Drive channel on Youtube has a series going on right now that chronicles in part Koenigsegg's construction of the One:1 car. In it they show some of the titanium parts such as the exhaust piece or variable turbo parts they are doing for the cars. With such a limited run, the current cost of 3D components is justified. I can imagine how awesome it would be if PE or Inception did some truly limited run of guns(in the 10s of pieces) in titanium or aluminum. No concerns for existing raw body limitations just pure, beautiful, and exciting designs.
    In order to lighten this up a little, here is one of my (smaller) claims to fame. Actually in a Drive video. At 0:22

This circuit, Oulton Park, is where I crashed my GT3 last November....

And in this one I'm even driving It's actually my old Cayman he uses for the test. My best mate bought it off me and let Chris borrow it for the test.

How do we submit Jack's name to Top Gear for "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    This circuit, Oulton Park, is where I crashed my GT3 last November....
    never lift

EDIT: except when snap oversteer gets you around the cone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlLGdLw1wtQ
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    How do we submit Jack's name to Top Gear for "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"?
    I have no idea but I would love to watch that episode if it happens!
    Weapons of choice: a Sniper & Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    It's actually my old Cayman he uses for the test. My best mate bought it off me and let Chris borrow it for the test.
    How many of those 77k miles were with you behind the wheel? Did you modify the car or was that your friend?

I love Drive and Chris. They do such a excellent job of making videos that truly appreciate all cars without some crazy gimmick race or whatnot. I'm saddened to see that they don't get more views on the videos. I'd like for them to be around for a while.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ubooze View Post
    How many of those 77k miles were with you behind the wheel? Did you modify the car or was that your friend?

I love Drive and Chris. They do such a excellent job of making videos that truly appreciate all cars without some crazy gimmick race or whatnot. I'm saddened to see that they don't get more views on the videos. I'd like for them to be around for a while.
    They do alright on views. I think YT are very happy with how things are going and the numbers (Chris especially) are pulling in. I don't think they'll have a problem with an extension to their contract. The only thing that might scupper it would be if Chris got a serious approach from a broadcaster.

I did about 75k of those miles and all the mods. My mate only had it a few year and a bit before he bought a GT3 because he couldn't stand me being quicker than him round the track Didn't help him much... Although he hasn't crashed his yet either

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    never lift

EDIT: except when snap oversteer gets you around the cone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlLGdLw1wtQ
    That's what happened to me. My own fault. rear went loose over a cresting off-camber turn, put a wheel on the grass and couldn't get all the wheels back on the track before the next turn, so put it through the gravel.