Thread: Dove tail spec.

Dove tail spec.

I need to preface this with. I HATE the dovetail system used in paintball for a long time. It's tough to make in tolerance and it's weak leading to many failures. A far, FAR, better system is the T-Slot that Jack Wood and the guys at Planet Eclipse pioneered and he kindly let me use on the sniper (and that I will use on anything else in the future). I fully recommend using that instead of the Dove Tail. Hopefully we can get him to release it for the community as well.

With that said here's the spec we used to use for dovetails.

http://www.simonized.com/CAD/dovetail.sldprt

Insider
    Is there anything approaching a standard for ASA-to-grip pneumatic connections on dovetails (or T-slots, or even standard ASA's) for internal airline markers?

Yeah - put a hole in it :P

Insider
    Sure but I want a "gas through gripframe", not a "gas leaking out of non-spec gripframe" :P
    I'll actually do that though with a standard ASA and 1/8 NPT swivel fitting if there isn't any standardized alternative.

There is no standard like that as far as I am aware. A lot has to depend on your ASA design.

Insider
    Gutted I wonder if there's enough meat in the male T-slot to run gas through one of the "backup" standard ASA holes on a T-slot female (plug the other with a grub screw, maybe even put a third hole in between for different ASA designs).

Can even put a block on the front of the male to assist with alignment.
    Last edited by neftaly; 07-21-2012 at 09:35 PM.

There is enough space in the T-Rail system to run a gas through connection if you want. I *may* have done that already.

Im not partial to either.

I know that isn't entirely helpful but I like either