Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Drive for paintball documents

Might want to wander over to the standards folder on my G-drive and check the thread standard for Cocker threading. The original version that got circulated had a bad dimension on it - the bore needs to be 1.25", not 1.125".

Not sure of its usefulness in Inventor, but something that can be a huge time saver in AutoCAD is to save the pieces you will use frequently as individual drawings instead of redrawing them every time. Just copy and paste the parts in or insert as a block. Barrel threads, generic fittings, threading you find yourself using frequently, feednecks, ASAs, etc...

I will figure out how to do this... this sounds potentially useful. Not that the threading took me long to do... thank you for the heads up BTW... oh and since I didn't look at the file before sending it your way... is it dimensioned fine?

Lol wow, can tell I'm on my phone with that horrible grammar.

They all match the model that I have aside from the bore for the barrel being the wrong depth.

Good to hear! I'll be sure to fix that when I get home

Wayne
    I was given a 2006 magazine that HAAS puts out called CNC MACHINING. It has a pretty interesting article on DYE's machines, capabilities, and processes. I scanned it with my iPhone 4 with a document scanning ap, but it turned out really well. I have read access, but don't think I have write access. No matter as I can send it to you y0da and you can put it up.

I had that magazine and read that article. Was pretty interesting. They had a LOT of Haas machines at one point in time. From what I hear now they don't have anywhere near as many machines in the USA.

Wayne
    It's unfortunate that they made the shift, but you can't really fault them from a business standpoint. On an anecdotal front, I've read more than one recent article about manufacturing coming back from Mexico into the US. The labor rates are elevating to a tipping point where companies might as well pay the US workers and save the headache of importing a large volume of goods. Pretty sure one of the markets was auto suppliers, but not auto manufacturers quite yet.

I used to have a copy of that, it was quite interesting.

Quick search - Haas has it for download right on their web site. I saved a copy and will toss it up.

Hey Guys, I just recently finished modelling my MQ2. Unfortunately for most 'cocker enthusiasts, it's an 11/16 valve body. Fortunately for us, it's the 11/16th body.

There are a couple dimensions i'm kind of unsure on, but they are all non important ones, and all of the radius' and chambers I BS'd, but they appear correct.

The two pieces I didn't model are the spring and the screw... IDK how to do springs yet, and the screw I didn't feel like it LOL

The poppit has some sort of complex curve between the face and the oring, so that's not 100% either, but I'm sure what is here is fine.

However, the screw just holds together the washer, face seal and the poppit.

Also unfortunately, I'm unsure how to do an assembly of all these parts...

BUT - they're here.

*Link removed on request - See the Google drive.*

I'll be removing the link once I know they're up on the drive; I don't need the link getting out and people crashing my DB LOL

PS - the Karni spacer file is pulled straight from Kerry Johnson's website.

PPS - I don't have a spacer to model - I cut it down years ago.

I WILL be picking up a standard valve body MQ2 here soon, so then I'll be able to model up the spacer and the valve body
    Last edited by Simon; 04-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.